3 way switch with frsky telemetry DIT module

Choosing an RF Module? What modules work? What is compatible with the 9x?
altereddezignz9x

3 way switch with frsky telemetry DIT module

Post by altereddezignz9x »

ok guys well i now have my Turnigy 9x and my DIY FRSKY telemetry module in. Well i starting doing the install and i noticed that the DIY module comes with a 3way function switch. Well looking at the Turnigy 9x it also has a 3 way switch on aux channel 3. Could i not just use this for the 3 way switch that comes with the diy module?

altereddezignz9x

Re: 3 way switch with frsky telemetry DIT module

Nevermind. That switch is for the flight mode. Here is a thought how does the module work. The only wires that you plug or solder on are for the battery. How does it control or receive the inputs from the radio's buttons or inputs? I mean the oem module actually plugged into the board with a plugin one the back. Is the DIY board also just wireless to the inputs too?
pmullen503

Post by pmullen503 »

The module has three wires that need to be soldered in: (RED→V+; BLACK→GND; YELLOW→PPM)
gohsthb

Post by gohsthb »

The 9x main board converts the switches and stick inputs into a ppm stream. The ppm stream is the input to a module.
-gohst

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

altereddezignz9x wrote: i noticed that the DIY module comes with a 3way function switch.
The switch that comes with the DHT is supposed to be plugged in the little PCB where there are the LEDs and the bind switch, and it serves for selecting Dual way mode (for D-type receivers), one way mode (vor V-type receivers), and to put the module in firmware upgrade mode.
If you only have D-type receivers, you don't even need to connect/mount the switch.

ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Yes Kilrah is correct. The toggle is open when in the digital mode and only needed if a non telemetry mode RX or firmware update is required. I believe it's still recommended with a new telemetry tx module or DHT to turn the TX on in the Telemetry and bind mode the first time to set the ID. Then if needed set the module to the desired mode. If only the telemetry mode is needed the toggle SW can be removed. And for other modes the toggle switch can also be removed but the required pins must be jumpered.

ShowMaster
Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
altereddezignz9x

I only one receiver at the moment and it is for telemetry. Since that question was asked i do ahve a question about 2 different receivers?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... etry_.html
and
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... etery.html

There is only a 2$ difference in price but not sure the major difference or what one would be better.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

They're identical except for the installed firmware (that you could flash yourself using the frsky upgrade cable).

The D8R-XP firmware allows having a PPM and RSSI output by putting a jumper between CH1 and CH2 for those who need it (with multicopters or OSDs for example).

Return to “RF MODULES”