Fried (?) Stock turnigy 9X module (Vbat pin reversal)

Choosing an RF Module? What modules work? What is compatible with the 9x?
batuorhungunduz

Fried (?) Stock turnigy 9X module (Vbat pin reversal)

Post by batuorhungunduz »

The other day i was doing the regular hack of replacing the stock antenna and moving it down ontop of the module. I used an sma pigtail for the job and soldered it on without much fuss. But when i placed it into the reciever to test it i accidentally got the pins in the wrong place and the voltage regulator on the module popped with a loud bang. I happened to have a spare 5v regulator laying around with matching pins so i replaced it. But after that no matter what i did (tried the module with 2 different 2.4ghz antennas on the sma connector - didnt work. I also put the old antenna on (without desoldering the sma) and that didnt work also) i couldnt get the reciever to bind/get signal. I checked to see if the module draws any current and at "normal" operation it draws around 33 mA and when the bind button is pressed it jumps to 34 mA so it seemed like it was fine. Can anyone tell me some other way to confirm it the module works or any advice in general really?
Last edited by batuorhungunduz on Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ReSt

Re: Fried (?) Stock turnigy 9X module (Vbat pin reversal)

Post by ReSt »

If you use the stock rf module, maybe this picture can help you to check the voltages.
There is one more regulator (3.3V) on the rf board
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attachm ... id=4444012

Reinhard
batuorhungunduz

Re: Fried (?) Stock turnigy 9X module (Vbat pin reversal)

Post by batuorhungunduz »

ReSt wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:29 pm If you use the stock rf module, maybe this picture can help you to check the voltages.
There is one more regulator (3.3V) on the rf board
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attachm ... id=4444012

Reinhard
Mine has all the parts of the second board under an rf shield so i cant do a direct visual inspection. But i do have 3.3v on the middle connector going from the board with the bind button to the main board

Return to “RF MODULES”