FS-RM003 and FS-IA10B on Flysky TH9X and Turnigy 9X

Choosing an RF Module? What modules work? What is compatible with the 9x?
Escrich

FS-RM003 and FS-IA10B on Flysky TH9X and Turnigy 9X

Post by Escrich »

Dear all I have those two emitters, Flysky TH9X and Turnigy 9X, and of course the software ER9X from a couple of years ago, and I’m very happy about how them work, my problem starts when I want to increase the number of channels from 8 to 10, since now, in both emitters I was using the module FS-TM002 and as receivers the FS-R8B, (actually has a different name), then I bought the pair FS-RM003 and FS-IA10B, I can do the binding process, both leds on module and receiver alights correctly, but I have no answer in any channel manipulating joysticks, switches or pots, I change back to the old ones and again everything works, could be because of something related with AFHDS2, I was searched the menu, inside MULTI for AFHDS2 option, but after hundreds of tests I ‘m not able to move any servo, could you please give some help?

Thanks in advance.

Regards:
JMEC
Attachments
índice4.jpg
índice2.jpg
índice.jpg
IMG_5775.jpg
Trying to learn something and help the others

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: FS-RM003 and FS-IA10B on Flysky TH9X and Turnigy 9X

Post by MikeB »

If that module will work at all, you will need to use PPM (not Multi). You will need to set this to 10 channels, but also extend the frame time from the default of 22.5mS. I suggest at least 26.5mS.
It is possible that module needs a PCM signal to work. While I have an idea what this might be, I don't have the hardware to investigate and develop this.

I think you may find a multiprotocol module, operating with MULTI protocol will support that receiver.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
AntonC

Post by AntonC »

You will need to set this to 10 channels, but also extend the frame time from the default of 22.5mS. I suggest at least 26.5mS.
also in my case change POS to NEG was required.

But some another question:
I also have th9x + rm0003 + ia10b and all of it work via PPM. But when I switch off the radio all channels just freeze the values (I expect at least THR should go down to minimum value)

Tried:
configure failsafe on radio with default firmware
rebind receiver with transmitter
due er9x doesn't have failsafe option, tried just switch radio off with er9x
set any THR value and press "update" button on receiver

all this moves didn't help. Does anybody know the solution?
RakishRc

Post by RakishRc »

I recently got the Flysky TH9X Upgraded Version which comes with AFHDS 2A FSRM003 V2 Module and fsia10b receiver.
To set failsafe on the FSRM003 in PPM or PCM (both are supported) you have to hold the bind button on the module for 3 seconds until it flashes.
So set your desired stick positions and hold the bind button to activate the failsafe.

Also i searched on trying to flash open tx 2.1.9 on this new version but in doing so there won't be any option in open tx to adjust or select receiver output options like PWM SBUS - PWM IBUS - PPM SBUS - PPM IBUS. You can only select Module Protocol to PPM but not the receiver options so using stock module and receiver with open tx firmware is not possible.

Instead like old days using the frsky module and receiver is the best option it seems.

Even the upgraded version of the th9x still can't remember multiple receivers after binding so that's very annoying as flysky did not fix that.

However if there is a way to use flysky afhds 2a with open tx i would love to know that.
marcinsvr

Post by marcinsvr »

My first post, so welcome everybody.
RakishRc wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:30 pm ... To set failsafe on the FSRM003 in PPM or PCM (both are supported) you have to hold the bind button on the module for 3 seconds until it flashes.
So set your desired stick positions and hold the bind button to activate the failsafe.
I had no luck with this. Tried with two FS receivers: FS-IA10B and FS-IA6B. The module just does not enter the 'blinking' mode, no matter how long i press the bind button. Used the simplest setup: receiver + one servo. The receiver is properly bound, servo responds to the stick move, but the blinking does not happen no matter what.
The only idea atm is to upgrade the firmware on the receiver. I'll post the result.

EDIT:
While waiting for STLINK to be delivered, i thought ill share photos of the hardware:
https://ibb.co/hdNqC5S
https://ibb.co/HT7cxRj
https://ibb.co/p2wnv6n

marcinsvr

Post by marcinsvr »

And I think I found why the 'bind-blink' failsafe method isnt working. The manual states that its a feature for FS-RM003 V2. I have just opened the module (why I havent done this before - i dont know). It says: FS-RM003 V1.2.
I guess upgrading receiver firmware wont change anything.

FS-RM003 V1.2 - https://ibb.co/D1K2J3W
marcinsvr

Post by marcinsvr »

Just to update if anyone reads this thread. I ditched the idea to upgrade rx soft as the binding method described above clearly is ment to RM003 v2 module and not for v1.2. Sadly, I had to move back to oryginal TH9X stock firmware, as there is no way I can setup 'failsafe' from TX (both er9x and opentx have no such option).
I guess I will have to look at FrSky module, or maybe its time to get whole new radio.

Return to “RF MODULES”