3 position flap switch

If you have a model config you would like to share. Post it here!
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Re: 3 position flap switch

Post by Rob Thomson »

Krazyman wrote:I can not figure out how to make the 3 position flap switch make my ailerons work as spoilers. I just wish someone could tell me how to do it in plain simple, non technical language, and maybe some photos of what the screen should look like when done. I also don't have a clue as to what EEPE is or where to get it if I need it. A friend of mine flashed my FS-TH9X with er9x version 813. So all I have is the radio and I have been going crazy trying to figure out how to mix anything. I need to be able to mix the rudder to ailerons, elevator to throttle, and have the ailerons act as spoilerons or flaperons. If someone could please help I would be very grateful.

Terry
Uou trying to do spoilerons on a glider?
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

There are some videos available that might help you get started, here is the first: http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j& ... GU&cad=rja.

If you are on the radio, switch on, then press and hold the "RIGHT" button until the display changes to the list of models, We call this "RIGHT LONG". Now press the RIGHT button with short presses five times until the display shows "MIXER" in the top right of the display. This shoes the list of channels and what is mixed on them (everything is a mix!). Use the DOWN button to get to the channel which has "100 RUD" beside it. Now press the MENU button. You will get a "popup" menu showing EDIT, INSERT, COPY, MOVE, DELETE.
Press DOWN to highlight INSERT, then press MENU to select. You will get a new mix on the selected channel and be able to edit it.

If you install eepe, you will find a copy of the er9x manual (.pdf file) installed in the directory eepe is installed in.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Krazyman

Post by Krazyman »

Thank you Mike, now I think I will be able to program the radio. I did finally get eepe to load and I have been playing around with it. I may have to get the right cable so that I can download the mixes into my TX. Thanks again Mike.

Terry
Krazyman

Post by Krazyman »

Thank you to all that replied to my questions. I have finally figured out how to program mixes into my radio. I was making it more complicated than it needed to be. LOL I am really enjoying using this radio and all the things I can do with it. I now have spoilers on my glider, rudder mixed to ail on my P-47 and my Albatros, which I needed to have for control in turns. I also found that the TRN switch is great for trimming in flight, without having to take your thumbs off the sticks. That is probably my favorite feature of this Firm Ware. Thanks again.

Terry
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

That feature is not supposed to be used all the time.. It is good on first flights. Some models don't behave very good on first flights. It is a feature that might save your plane on certain situations or can crash it if misused.. ;)

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

Krazyman

Post by Krazyman »

jhsa wrote:That feature is not supposed to be used all the time.. It is good on first flights. Some models don't behave very good on first flights. It is a feature that might save your plane on certain situations or can crash it if misused.. ;)

João
I will turn it off after the first flight with this radio. I suppose it could get you in a lot of trouble if it was hit by mistake. I sure like having it for the first flight though. Another switch I have turned on for all my planes is the Throttle cut. Now I don't have to worry about the motor spinning up if the Throttle gets bumped before I am ready to fly.

Terry
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Yeah, that is a good idea. I don't know if you already know about it but er9x and ersky9x have a sticky throttle cut feature. You must enable throttle with a switch and also make sure the stick is at idle or the motor won't start. Extra safety.
Go to the "Safety Switches" menu, go down to your throttle channel, then select:

CHn X !THR -100

"CHn" is your throttle channel
"X " is the sticky trottle cut.
!THR -100, means that when the THR switch is off the channel will be forced to -100%.

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Krazyman

Post by Krazyman »

jhsa wrote:Yeah, that is a good idea. I don't know if you already know about it but er9x and ersky9x have a sticky throttle cut feature. You must enable throttle with a switch and also make sure the stick is at idle or the motor won't start. Extra safety.
Go to the "Safety Switches" menu, go down to your throttle channel, then select:

CHn X !THR -100

"CHn" is your throttle channel
"X " is the sticky trottle cut.
!THR -100, means that when the THR switch is off the channel will be forced to -100%.

João
I just tried the mix in eepe and it is just what I need for my Albatross because my RX doesn't put out a signal on channel 2 or 3. I had to put the Throttle on 5 and Elevator on 6. Now I will be able to have Throttle cut on channel 5. Thanks a lot for the information.

Terry
prizreni

Post by prizreni »

Hi guys

Here i have made a video showing how to program slowly extending and retracting flaps on Turnigy 9XR using 3 pos switch. I'm using this setup on my Bixler 2 :)

[BBvideo 425,350]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swg4gUQMO9c[/BBvideo]

Happy flying
AlbEagle

Return to “Template Library”