mCP X Template

If you have a model config you would like to share. Post it here!
AAADiver

Re: mCP X Template

Post by AAADiver »

Hi and thanks for the help. I can now open the file but not sure all the parameters are there. I only see one curve which is on CH10. Does that sound right?

rperkins

Post by rperkins »

Hello. Sorry that did not work. I verified what you said and updated my previous post. Lets see what shakes out now. Hopefully someone can take my .eepe and produce something valid within c9x. I cant imagine that the 2 programs are incompatible.
rperkins

Post by rperkins »

Ok got some more feedback on the thread I opened to help me help you :)
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2459&p=34414#p34358

I re updated the earlier post with a zipped up .bin file that does have the curves listed. Hope this helps
AAADiver

Post by AAADiver »

Awesome - That one worked! Really appreciate it rperkins! Have a great New Year!
rperkins

Post by rperkins »

great. over in the other post the c9x developer mentioned to check the model's parameters. I'm really not knowledgeable on all the different settings. I basically got it to fly :) I did come a long way this year. my spare parts cost slowly dropped all year :)
Glad you got it going.

slykyfox

Post by slykyfox »

Thank you rperkins for the mcpx template. It helped get me going. I have a couple of questions(I'm new to trying to program the tx). First why is the rud the source of the third line on channel 1? And second, what does the (gea) switch do on channel 5.

Thanks again. I'm sorry for having to ask i'm just to new to er9x to fully understand on my own.
rperkins

Post by rperkins »

I had no idea . I just copied this template from the post mentioned early in this thread and got it out of range check mode. I did do some investigating after you asked though :)

why is the rud the source of the third line on channel 1?
My guess is that the source doesnt matter cause the curve is at 100% no matter the stick setting. This mix is only applied when switch ID2 is enabled. My recollection is that this switch keeps the motor running full blast no matter how much throttle is given.

what does the (gea) switch do on channel 5
Since the source of this mix is 'FULL', then this mix as acting as a switch. I believe it is telling the receiver to go into 'idle up' mode. Note that the gear switch also effects expo on the rudder channel

Channels 5 and 6 on the MCPx are not very documented. The best I could come up with is:
channel 5 - Switch RX to Idle up mode
channel 6 - Pitch curve for Idle up mode
  • This may only apply for a non computer TX binding. MCPx had 2 binding modes
  • Have no idea which mode the 9X binds to MCPx
  • Could be module dependent. I use the innards of a DX4E as a module
I am by no means sure of this. I do recall reading somewhere that you cant fly inverted unless in 'idle up' mode. I can barely fly right side up so I havent tried any inverted. I have thought that my heli cut out before when it accidentally got upside down and I wasnt in 'idle up'mode ( ID0 enabled )

attaching a screenshot here to maybe get some additional comments.
screenshot_reduced.png
slykyfox

Post by slykyfox »

Thx rperkins. I'm thinking I read that channel 5 was for the gyro, possibly gain adjustment. But I'm also pretty sure you can't adjust the gyro on the McpX. I also changed the source from rud to throtle on channel 1 and it didn't affect anything.

Thanks again for your help. I'm still working on understanding the terminology used in er9x such as full, half, weight and how your supposed to use the multiplex. Whew slowly by surely.

Btw I'm using the dsm module from kobbyking. Works great so far

Return to “Template Library”