Automatic spoilers/spoilerons

If you have a model config you would like to share. Post it here!
G550Ted

Automatic spoilers/spoilerons

Post by G550Ted »

With thanx to Mike B. for his guidance here are the mixes and switch to accomplish SLOW spoiler/spoileron extension and retraction. The "Auto" part is that the spoilers/spoilerons (when selected to extend) are made to also retract whenever the throttle stick is greater than 1/2 throttle and extend again when the throttle is moved to less than 1/2. I have set a delay of 1 second for scale purposes and to allow some pilot reaction time in the event there is any pitch or roll result from the spoiler actuation.

Ted
Attachments
Test.eepe
(4.84 KiB) Downloaded 625 times

wheelspinner20

Re: Automatic spoilers/spoilerons

Post by wheelspinner20 »

Love it, thanks for posting Ted, I changed all the slows to 4, I like it slower like that. Hopefully I willl get to try it soon.
no more quippy little latin phrases.! Its old
simdaddy

Post by simdaddy »

I actually have this mix, funny seeing it on here, however I have it slightly different, spoilers are activated manually with ELEV D/R switch, but retracts automatically(slow) with +60% power for a go-around. It also retracts automatically when any stage of flap is extended. The flaps also retract to zero in a go-around,however, as you can see flaps and spoilerons are'nt used together since the flaps have authority. Differential aileron travel is also comensurate with flap setting. :)

What I still can't seem to get is flaps retracting to first stage instead of zero during a go-around (too much initial loss of lift when going from full flaps to zero)
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

simdaddy wrote:spoilers are activated manually with ELEV D/R switch, but retracts automatically(slow) with +60% power for a go-around.
I don't think it is a good idea to slow the spoilers on a situation of go around.. If you do a go around it is because something went wrong and you need all the lift you can get, plus need to increase speed quickly. spoilers produce drag and destroy lift.

Just my 2c ;) maybe I'm wrong.. :D

Joao
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
simdaddy

Post by simdaddy »

absolutely correct ...I will do some touch and goes and try it out to see if it causes any problems ...and besides I dont have it running very slow ...it literally takes less than 2 secs to retract ...but good point to consider ...thanks .

acefx

Post by acefx »

Maybe i'm saying a foolish thing, but is it possible to delay ony the flap/eron down sequence
G550Ted

Post by G550Ted »

jhsa wrote:
simdaddy wrote:spoilers are activated manually with ELEV D/R switch, but retracts automatically(slow) with +60% power for a go-around.
I don't think it is a good idea to slow the spoilers on a situation of go around.. If you do a go around it is because something went wrong and you need all the lift you can get, plus need to increase speed quickly. spoilers produce drag and destroy lift.

Just my 2c ;) maybe I'm wrong.. :D

Joao
Not all go-arounds are initiated low and slow. For me, at least, it seems that most of mine are due to being too fast and/or too high on an approach. For those times when I do have to abort when low and slow, control is more important than a small delay in the slight reduction of drag/increase in lift at that point. Like the addition of power for the go-around, changing the configuration of flaps/flaperons/spoilers/spoilerons/whatever should be at a reasonable rate so the pilot can adjust for the changing aircraft response. In the end it is whatever works for any particular model and pilot.

Ted
G550Ted

Post by G550Ted »

acefx wrote:Maybe i'm saying a foolish thing, but is it possible to delay ony the flap/eron down sequence
Certainly. The delay function has separate time adjustments for both down and up.

Ted
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

I still think that a spoiler should be retracted fast.. ;)
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
sonnier00

Post by sonnier00 »

do you think it is possible to use the aileron as flaps and vice verse in a mix with two servos. maybe the three pos. switch 0 ailerons switch 2,3 flaps with maybe some aileron but limited flaps over aileron ? :idea:
Nathan
Just trying to have fun.
Hopeing to have fun.
You all help me have fun.
THANK YOU ALL!!!!!
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

Of course. Easily done.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
sonnier00

Post by sonnier00 »

Rob Thomson wrote:Of course. Easily done.

can get more help then easy i know easy when it slaps me in the face :?
Nathan
Just trying to have fun.
Hopeing to have fun.
THANK YOU ALL!!!!!
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

Do you use companion?

There is a model wizard that will create it for you. :-)

If no joy... I will post an example. But may have to wait as am not at pc for the day.

...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
sonnier00

Post by sonnier00 »

i'm in no hurry, don't think i have companion down loaded. companion is the better of the two?
Nathan
Just trying to have fun.
Hopeing to have fun.
THANK YOU ALL!!!!!
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

Depends on your firmware.

OpenTX is best for companion.
Er9x for eepe.

But companion will enable you more or less to work with er9x too.

Return to “Template Library”