Blade Nano CPX template

If you have a model config you would like to share. Post it here!
oxxyfx

Blade Nano CPX template

Post by oxxyfx »

This is based on Ghost's MQX template. I modified the curves to be a bit more aggressive with the capabilities of the new Nano CPX. My Turnigy 9X has a spektrum DM9 JR module plugged in the back which makes it work with all Ultra Micros.
Attachments
Blade Nano.zip
(1000 Bytes) Downloaded 1835 times

FredoLaPower

Re: Blade Nano CPX template

Post by FredoLaPower »

Hi Oxxy,

I have downloaded your nano template and burn it to my TX (Turnigy 9X). I also currently own a DM9 module that I use with a wide range of models. However I'm experiencing a real issue when it comes to bind my Nano properly. I've been able to get the link between the two but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. it seems that I can't get the nano reacting as a 6CH heli (curves do not apply properly...). Pitch/Gaz seems to remain linked to each others.

I know there is a specific process to follow according to the Nano manual but it doesn't seem to work with the DM9.

Please advise.

Many thanks,

Fred-
eaglemac

Post by eaglemac »

I have had no luck with this template with my Nano. The beeping is driving me nuts, and when I advance the thr, only one servo moves. I had to change to DSM2 to get it to bind. I did a quick program where the collective is fixed and was able to do a nice hover. Now I have to program this from the begining. Now If I can figure this out.

Doug
daklein

Post by daklein »

Thanks!! This did work for me, with HP6DSM module installed internally. Changed protocol to DSM, DSM2only. No other changes yet. The original template file had protocol set to PPM which is probably right for a DSM plug-in module to back of radio.

I do need to figure out what the beeping is. It may be a warning when flying not in idle up mode.

The collective stick seems to require almost full up stick to climb at all, but that might be the mechanical setup on the Nano.
daklein

Post by daklein »

I changed the counter so it uses SW2, this make the counter only count down when throttle is active and main motor is running, better for timing the battery use.

The Beeping, ohhh nooo, where is it coming from!! It does not have to do with the ID0,1,2 switch or idle up.

The throttle was set to beep on crossing center, one beep when going in each direction. Turned that off. BUT there beeping still comes every 10 seconds, a string of 4 or 5 fast increasing beeps. beep beep, bee bee beep.

When powered by the USB port on the SmartieParts board, it does this other odd thing: On the trainer screen, 2/6 screen, it says 'Slave' for 10 seconds, and then during the quick beeping every 10 seconds, it goes back to the nomal display, 'mode % src sw' and the rows for RUD, THR, ELE, AIL

I'm not sure what is going on. I don't think it's DSM, I have other models using DSM2/DSMX and no beeping like this.

I don't think it's the safety switch setup, removing that has no effect that I can tell, other logic is doing a sticky throttle hold function. Any ideas where's the beeping from?

I have r780 installed. maybe now I'll try 782 and see if any difference.

jlk69

Post by jlk69 »

I got the beeping to go away by deleting all the values for SWC in the switch page. I also edited the mix on channel 1 changing the switch from SWC to THU. BTW beeping means you are in range test mode.
Attachments
jlk69 BL NCP X v3.zip
(502 Bytes) Downloaded 941 times
daklein

Post by daklein »

That IS it, SWC true triggers range check mode for the DSM/DSM2 protocol, exactly! Thanks
jlk69

Post by jlk69 »

No problem, I didn't figure it out by myself, but was relieved to get rid of the beeping and get out of range check mode. Luckily never had a problem with signal drop out while flying in range check mode.
tronicworm

Post by tronicworm »

Here comes my version of Blade Nano CPX image. See the included document for additional info.
Attachments
TGY9XR_4_BladeNano.rar
My Blade Nano CPX setup for TGY 9XR Tx with Orange DSM2 module.
(36.45 KiB) Downloaded 1242 times
goryc

Post by goryc »

tronicworm wrote:Here comes my version of Blade Nano CPX image. See the included document for additional info.
Can I ask you a few questions?
I bought the Turnigy 9XR with the Orange DSM module to pilot the E-flite Heli's in my flight mode which is 3 (mode3). Now I want to buy Nano Blade and I have some doubts:
1. you can disconnect the engine to make the evidence of movement of the swashplate? (for a good setting of the direction of Aile / Elev / Pitch)
2. The Throttle is reversed?
3. The setting of your model is valid for all Nano Blade? (Manual on the direction servo is different)
Thanks in advance
goryc

Post by goryc »

goryc wrote:
tronicworm wrote:Here comes my version of Blade Nano CPX image. See the included document for additional info.
Can I ask you a few questions?
I bought the Turnigy 9XR with the Orange DSM module to pilot the E-flite Heli's in my flight mode which is 3 (mode3). Now I want to buy Nano Blade and I have some doubts:
1. you can disconnect the engine to make the evidence of movement of the swashplate? (for a good setting of the direction of Aile / Elev / Pitch)
2. The Throttle is reversed?
3. The setting of your model is valid for all Nano Blade? (Manual on the direction servo is different)
Thanks in advance
Sorry but someone is able to give me this information?
thanks
eovnu87435ds

Post by eovnu87435ds »

Has anybody recently had any luck with this? My nCPX could fly fine on my friend's dx6i but I cannot get it to work on my 9xr with orangeRX module. I have tried downloading each of the files found on this page, but with no luck. Here is what I do.
Download and open the file in Companion9x. Go into general settings and set the mode to Mode 2(USA flyer here). I burn the eeprom to the Tx.
Calibrate the Tx.
Turn on heli, then turn on 9xr in bind mode. It binds successfully.

Everything works except for collective pitch. Elevator and Aileron work just fine, as does the rudder, flight modes, and throttle cut with Ail D/R. Up and down will spool the rotor on normal mode and does absolutely nothing on acro or 3D mode. can anybody help?
eovnu87435ds

Post by eovnu87435ds »

To answer my own post, I found that for some reason the mixes for CH6 in tronicworm's template wouldn't work right for me. Recreating that fixed it. I will be uploading a new template I made, which will hopefully help anybody out there who ran into the same problems I did.
eovnu87435ds

Post by eovnu87435ds »

After not having success with any templates I found here, and not liking how certain features of them were set up, I decided to make my own template. It is modeled after Horizon Hobby's recommended settings. I run this with a Turnigy 9XR running OpenTX software, and an OrangeRx DSM module.

General Settings:
Mode 2 Transmitter, pull THR.CUT toggle towards you to kill the throttle. 4 minute timer will run when throttle cut is inactive. In Acro and 3D modes, the heli will auto Idle up when throttle cut is inactive. The 3 position switch determines your mode. ID0 = Normal, ID1 = Acro, ID2 = 3D. Adjust your dual rates and expos in the "Sticks" menu in companion9x or D/R Expo page in your transmitter.

Flight Modes:
  1. Normal Mode (no inverted, blades spool with throttle)
    100% travel, 45% expo, pitch curve: -40, -20, 0, 50, 100; throttle curve: -100, -20, 20, 60, 100
  2. Acro Mode (inverted flight, but softer characteristics)
    100% travel, 45% expo, pitch curve: -100, -50, 0, 50, 100; throttle curve: 100, 100, 100, 100, 100
  3. 3D Mode (The only limits are that of the heli)
    100% travel, NO expo, pitch curve: -100, -50, 0, 50, 100; throttle curve: 100, 100, 100, 100, 100
Thanks to those in this thread who's software I have downloaded. Even though it didn't work for me, it helped me learn how to get things right.
Attachments
eovnu-NanoCPX.eepe
eovnu87435ds's Nano CPX Template
(9.53 KiB) Downloaded 1122 times
Jeoje

Post by Jeoje »

Thanks eovnu87435ds. This works great with my flysky th-9x, opentx and orangerx dsm module in mode 2. I didn't need to change anything.
2xWhiskey

Post by 2xWhiskey »

For anyone else with the Taranis & Spektrum DM9 module:

Reverse the rudder channel.

I had been banging my head over why I couldn't get my heli to bind correctly for my computer radio, and the problem turned out to be that my rudder channel needed to be reversed... After I figured that out my throttle and pitch mixes finally began to work correctly.
Nuuka

Post by Nuuka »

by 2xWhiskey » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:09 am

For anyone else with the Taranis & Spektrum DM9 module:

Reverse the rudder channel.

I had been banging my head over why I couldn't get my heli to bind correctly for my computer radio, and the problem turned out to be that my rudder channel needed to be reversed... After I figured that out my throttle and pitch mixes finally began to work correctly.
That was it, "Reverse the rudder channel". It took me a long time to find this crucial info. Thanks.

After reversing the rudder channel the binding procedure is exactly as explained in the Blade Nano CPX instruction manual at page 7 in ''Binding Procedure for Computer Radios:'.

Without proper binding the blue led was not constantly on and the throttle control did not work at all, however the aileron, elevation and pitch seemed to work ok. For an uninitiated this seemed as if the Blade Nano CPX had binded but for some reason did not work properly. Now I know better, it was not properly binded.

Not related to the binding but to settings for channels, the aileron channel (CH4) shall be reversed too.

Edit 2015-01-01: The Transmitter Module in Taranis was 'OrangeRX DSMX/DSM2 Compatible 2.4Ghz Transmitter Module (JR/Turnigy compatible)' and that was in two blink working mode (DSMX 22ms).
Last edited by Nuuka on Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daedalus66

Blade Nano CPX template

Post by Daedalus66 »

See my comments and attachment in response to the NanoQX question in the OpenTX Model Setup forum.

The NanoQX and Nano mCPx share an ability to work with a DX5e. You would no doubt want to adapt the advice found there but the emulation of a DX5e offers a good starting point with such essentials as 80% limits already taken care of.
lhaapamaki

Post by lhaapamaki »

Hi guys,

Can't open eovnu-NanoCPX.eepe attachment with eepe. Could you help me out with that ? or reattach eepm file for me ?

thanks!
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

That is an OpenTX setup, not an er9x one.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Eepe and companion sharing the same extension name when they are no longer compatible is not good and generate this kind of confusion. I think companion should have its own file extension.

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

I've suggested that 2 years ago :)
That's however not as straightforward as it may seem and would probably create even more confusion at least for a while... which is why it was decided to do that at the same time we completely redesign the file format. Which... may happen one day...
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Some time ago, Erazz change the format of .eepe files, for er9x, to be XML. Eepe (and eepskye) look for XML first.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

Return to “Template Library”