Differential Thrust

If you have a model config you would like to share. Post it here!
GyroGearloose

Re: Differential Thrust

Post by GyroGearloose »

My wife says she's amazed too that plane survived an "outing"... admittedly, she's gotten used to "leaves in one piece, comes back in a bucket of confetti" style flying as well. I could also point out that the plane didn't leave the ground in this video... that could have something to do with it's survival.

I could also point out that the companion video to this one, where I explain the programming, lead to this very plane breaking it's props BEFORE it even went outside for the first time -- Guess how I learned about needing TWO throttle kills on a TWO throttle plane? Yep... one started on the diningroom table during my "I'm such an expert I'll show you how to do this..." video and I invented a few new cusswords. One motor starts, the plane spins, I grab a wing to stop it--almost saving the day... and then the landing gear collapses spontaneously breaking BOTH props right off as it bellies into the table... :-S

Whee! Remind me why I do this?

Even before that, I fly my helis a lot more than my planes, and I'm on about the 900th time of asking how someone with fat fingers took up a hobby where you're often working on parts too small for tweezers to get a grip...

Masochism... it's the only explanation for why we do this.

-Gyro
I could fly so much better if a second flight wasn't a requirement....

erazz
9x Developer

Post by erazz »

Ahhh... A kindred spirit.
Z

BEWARE - WE ARE IN THE AIR!!!
What goes up... Should be controlled by a 9X!
cre8tiveleo

Differential Thrust

Post by cre8tiveleo »

Yup... Sighs... I feel it all!
VeeDubalot

Post by VeeDubalot »

GyroGearloose wrote:ID2: Yes, I put this on ID2 because I do have flaps on my P38 for ID1. You can freely change the switch assignment to anything else (the RUD switch seems pretty logical).

P1: I also have one extra mix on my real plane which adds P1 to balance the thrust between props. I omitted it because I thought it would add confusion to people figuring out how DT works in the first place.

-Gyro
Hi Gyro,
not sure if you are still monitoring this post as it is 2 years old... I had differential on my old DX7s but am just learning my Taranis so really appreciate your eepe and discussion here. I have two different ESCs on my Catalina (one burned up due to a bad salt water crash... smoke looked awesome on the water!) and so am looking to have a knob to adjust thrust as I am expecting some variance. Can you please advise how to set up the knob as mentioned above?
Also, I don't understand the difference between ID1 and ID2
For the Aileron and Elevator, I assume in MIX I just add AIL to CH1 and ELV to CH2 and i am good to go (and add expo and dual rates as I normally prefer etc).
Thanks
VeeDub

Return to “Template Library”