FS-TH9X Firmware

Programming your 9x using the stock firmware that comes with the radio. (Note. This is for the th9x, not the X9R)
Heywhire

FS-TH9X Firmware

Post by Heywhire »

Does anyone have a copy of the original FlySky firmware? The main firmware and the eeprom firmware. I flashed my FS-TH9X with ER9X and did not realize I should have copied them from the TX via eepe.

Thanks

pldb64

Re: FS-TH9X Firmware

Post by pldb64 »

Original FW can be found here:

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=89
Heywhire

Post by Heywhire »

Thanks pldb64. I downloaded that firmware once before and tried to load it and it would not work. I did like the post said, firmware then eeprom right after. This time it worked. Maybe the file got corrupt last time.

Thanks again for the help.
pldb64

Post by pldb64 »

Sorry i can't offer any more than that ... i've never looked back once i moved to ER9x :-)
Heywhire

Post by Heywhire »

Once I get more comfortable flying helis I will switch back. There is just too much going on with programing and learning to fly helis. I am cheating and using the Flymentor 3D on one copter and the CopterX 3100 FBL system on the other. I saw there are templates for the heli I have (HK450) but setting that up with flymentor is confusing.

mrmarc

Post by mrmarc »

I hate doing this, but considering the topic is right for it, I was wondering if anyone has the original FlySky firmware and not the Turnigy one that's posted on here.
ER9x|DSMX - EXI 450 Sport CF - Blade SR - Blade mCPX - 9958 - V911
davidringler43

Post by davidringler43 »

im new at flying helis i have a trex100x,trex450clone,and just bought a trex450 pro v2 3gx and the guys at the hobby shop told me to scrap me new never used turnigy9x and buy a spectrum dx6ordx7,and not to trust the 9x.i dont know much about this hobby but it seems to me that people who use the stock 9x are happy with it?and when they upgrade it they are just as good as any transmitter out there.can somebody with experience email me [email protected] and let me know what they think.i was also told that the new align450pro v2 3gx are alot easier to fly because there flybarless and because the 3gx system works so well.looking forward to a responce
mrmarc

Post by mrmarc »

They know the DX6/7 radios work and work well. That's why they want you to get it. They know how to program them and troubleshoot. I go into mine with my 9X radio and some are even jealous once I show them what it can do. If you can get a DX6, then go for it. If you already have a 9X and are ready to leap into the firmware, just know that there's a learning curve with it, too.
ER9x|DSMX - EXI 450 Sport CF - Blade SR - Blade mCPX - 9958 - V911
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

I do think upgrading the rf system on the 9x as well as er9x or open9x it a great solid system.

Not to pick on the hobby shops recommendation to buy Spektrum system but in their defense they have to. You can't run a hobby shop and stay in business without selling something that makes a profit. They also can offer customer support for a Spektrum, Futaba, or Hitec In fact they can't even offer a commercial er9x system right now.
When Frsky releases their new TX it could be a game changer in the rc tx pricing over all and could end up in hobby shops. They should have replacement parts, we hope. Something we don't have now with FlySky BTW.
Before Eraz, Gruvin, MikeB, Rob and a few I've missed, we were all flying higher priced hobby shop systems, or cheap lower end ones with so so firmware, low memories, and OK RF systems.

Think of the times before HK.
As much as I enjoy the low prices, I hate waiting 2-4 weeks for my order to arrive and still run to my LHS when ever I can for little items.
I've not been to a Hobby people/ Hobby Shack this year however.
So...
If you enjoy building and maintaing your own RC system nothing can beat er9x, open9x and Frsky in my opinion or the ersky9x board.
Our LHS will never agree.

ShowMaster
Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

We should still support our local hobby shops.. without them we can't run there quickly to buy small stuff we need immediately.. :) ;)
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
dvogonen

Re: Sv: FS-TH9X Firmware

Post by dvogonen »

In principle I agree with the idea of supporting the local shops, but in my part of the world the local hobby shops are becoming less interesting by the day. They seem to concentrate on selling things like really, really expensive TXes, methanol motors, big fuel planes and building material for old school flyers. Balsa etc. The selection of what I want (e.g small to medium size brushless motors, foam, electronics and small servos) is wanting at best. I guess they see no money in it.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Ok, I was given a flysky9x (NOT TURNIGY) radio and before I flashed it with er9x I did download the original firmware and eeprom. Here they are juswt in case someone wants them.
NOTE: flash firmware first

João
Attachments
Flysky original firmware and eproom.zip
(30.42 KiB) Downloaded 1297 times

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Does your FkySky have the module with the antenna on it? I bought 3 when the tx war was on for $39ea. I was impressed with the module and and quality vs Turnigy. I used them for my 2 sky board builds and 1 megasound install. The Megasound FkySky has a new happy owner so I'm left with 2 FkySky case setups now.
I have one Turnigy left I used for my first er9x conversion. It's has 3 new switches due to the originals falling apart. No issues with the FkySky conversions to date.
Let me know how you like the FkySky.
SM
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

This was the radio I installed the skyboard in.. So, I just have the board now.. ;)
I do have the external module.. Maybe my son can use it in a couple of years ;)

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:

Return to “stock firmware (fly sky th9x)”