Increase Rate of Response using a POT! (Variable Rates)

Programing help and example for all firmwares based on thus's th9 firmware.
papa_lazerous

Increase Rate of Response using a POT! (Variable Rates)

Post by papa_lazerous »

wheelspinner20 wrote:JMI.... what does this mean??
what about SETUP 2/ 12 ; proto: P XX
John, I once worked with someone from southend on sea.

Anyway, maybe when you get a chance you could post some pics and descriptions in the MODS section to share with others your headtracker access setup! I too might be diving into FPV and would be very interested.

Also, I'm fasinated with PMack's mix there, I must try it out on the eepe sim to see how that works.... I wonder if it would damage a regular servo by driving it past its limits??

Pat

Thanks to JEANALTAYR for the intial suggestion, I havent been able to try it yet but I will report back once I have tried it. I have been wiring up my skywalker over the last few days so until I get it finished it would be a complete pain to try any different radio setups as my reciever is already inside and half wired up lol

Pat, how do you know I am in Southend on Sea? I can definately post some pics in the mods section about my headtracker. Its really simple to wire up I think its how you implement it that makes the difference. I am kinda OCD when it comes to setups and wiring so everything has to be perfect

wheelspinner20

Re: Mixes, Templates & Programing

Post by wheelspinner20 »

Papa Laz, Sorry no alarm or harm was intended. On the RCGROUPS forum you have that right under your screen name. Automatically goes there when you put it on your profile page info.

When you said that your receiver is already in the plane, you know of coursed that doesnt really matter. If its a flysky receiver, with the custom firmware you can assign any input to any output on the receiver. So no re-wiring is required.

If you try it in the eepe simulator, you will see that each additional +100 you add make it reach the limit that is set that much faster than the ones that you dont add it to. Really cool. If its too fast, then just back it down to +75 instead of 100.

Nobody answered my question though. Why is it that when you change the condition to multiply instead of add, it moves the opposite direction??? curious.

Pat
no more quippy little latin phrases.! Its old
papa_lazerous

Post by papa_lazerous »

Fair enough you have seen me over on RCGroups.... That makes sense now on how you knew my location.

My point on everything being in the plane, is that I am half wired up and my pan tilt is the half that isnt wired yet. I will try eepe now, I guess I could just make a new model up and try it just as an example on the screen to give me an idea, although the only real proof will be actually doing it with the HT and the pan and tilt. I cant answer your question without it being a complete guess :P
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

wheelspinner20 wrote:Now, when the multiplex is changed to multiply, instead of add, it makes the output move in the opposite direction, why is this??
I would expect the output to only move one way, whichever way you move the stick. Each mixer output goes from -100 to +100. When you multiply the mixer values are multiplied together, then divided by 100 to keep the range correct. But, of course -100 times -100 is +10000 which is then divided by 100 to give 100.
For a scaling operation you need to use an offset of +100 and and weight of 50%. THe offset changes -100 to + 100 into 0 to +200, then the weight scales it back to 0 to 100.

Using the same +100% mix on one channel is the same as having a single mix with a 5 point curve set to -100, -100, 0, 100, 100.

An intersting way of increasing the rate of response is:
+100% AIL
* +50% P1 offset 100 (multiply mix)
+100% AIL

Now, if the pot P1 is fully one way you get the normal movement, and if the pot is fully the other way you the same as having the +100% AIL in twice. But you can nopw choose, while flying, the amount of increased movement by turning P1.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
wheelspinner20

Post by wheelspinner20 »

Mike, That is absolutely sick and delicious.... I wasnt the one that needed the mix but this is by far my favorite part of this forum.

I guess I always have suffered from a lack of imagination. I probably would have never thought of something like that. It does shed some light on just how versatile this stuff is.

Thanks. I tried it in eepe, it was really cool. My wife doesnt really understand my random laughing!

Pat
no more quippy little latin phrases.! Its old

Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Mixes, Templates & Programing

Post by Rob Thomson »

MikeB wrote:
wheelspinner20 wrote:Now, when the multiplex is changed to multiply, instead of add, it makes the output move in the opposite direction, why is this??
I would expect the output to only move one way, whichever way you move the stick. Each mixer output goes from -100 to +100. When you multiply the mixer values are multiplied together, then divided by 100 to keep the range correct. But, of course -100 times -100 is +10000 which is then divided by 100 to give 100.
For a scaling operation you need to use an offset of +100 and and weight of 50%. THe offset changes -100 to + 100 into 0 to +200, then the weight scales it back to 0 to 100.

Using the same +100% mix on one channel is the same as having a single mix with a 5 point curve set to -100, -100, 0, 100, 100.

An intersting way of increasing the rate of response is:
+100% AIL
* +50% P1 offset 100 (multiply mix)
+100% AIL

Now, if the pot P1 is fully one way you get the normal movement, and if the pot is fully the other way you the same as having the +100% AIL in twice. But you can nopw choose, while flying, the amount of increased movement by turning P1.

Mike.
How cool is that mix! What a good way of taming a model quickly!

I guess the same logic can be applied to your throttle stick to reduce control movement as you increase throttle.

Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
CharlesB

Re: Increase Rate of Response using a POT! (Variable Rates)

Post by CharlesB »

I have one of my planes that have a servo for each AIL.

Here is the mix that we used to get that operation for both Ch2 and Ch7

CH02 +100%AIL
* +50%P1 Switch(AIL) Offset (-50%)
+100%AIL Switch(AIL)

Ch07 -100%AIL
* +50%P1 Switch(AIL) Offset (-50%)
-100%AIL Switch(AIL)

We have figure out how to turn this mix off/on by a switch

It set so it starts at like 25% minim for full swing, that way we can't turn off the AIL

all the way by this mix.

Just starting to learn about the MIXes.
rdeanchurch

Post by rdeanchurch »

Charles

I really like it. This firmware is so versatile its scary...good scary.

I was trying to figure this one out and just found this while browsing. Great job!

Dean
Dean
OldDmbThms: 1. Takeoff, 2. Crash, 3. Repair, GOTO 1
cre8tiveleo

Post by cre8tiveleo »

So glad there was an 'a' in the topic...

:mrgreen:
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Yeah but that wouldn't work with variable rates :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

Return to “er9x / gruvin9x / th9 based firmwares”