Sticky T-Cut Throttle

Programing help and example for all firmwares based on thus's th9 firmware.
Flaps 30

Sticky T-Cut Throttle

Post by Flaps 30 »

I am trying to set up the throttle, so that it has a fail safe. It is easy to do in a simple way by programming up a switch to replace the value set by the throttle, and in doing so deactivate the stick.

What I am looking for is some mix where on switching the stick back on, that you have to set the stick to zero before it becomes active again. This will make it doubly safe if the throttle is on some other setting other than zero and the switch is turned off, which would normally mean that the motor would instantly go to what the throttle setting is.

Hope that makes sense.

G550Ted

Re: Mixology

Post by G550Ted »

Use the "Sticky T-cut" template in eePe. That's what it does.

Ted
Flaps 30

Post by Flaps 30 »

G550Ted wrote:Use the "Sticky T-cut" template in eePe. That's what it does. Ted
I'm afraid that the information you have given me is meaningless. I don't have any templates in the version I have loaded onto my transmitter. I did look around to see if anyone had posted a mix, and I came up empty on that. Hence why I am asking here for some help or a pointer to it.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Ted did say look in eepe for the template, not er9x. The templates are always available on eepe even if you have loaded a NO-TEMPLATE version of er9x.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Crucial

Post by Crucial »

For an explanation of how it works along with an eepe file to use as an example look here.
http://er9x.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/do ... amples.zip

It is under Throttle Hold and is the 3rd example. There are 4 total examples of a throttle hold and each one is on a separate channel.

Flaps 30

Post by Flaps 30 »

Now it makes sense. Thanks guys. You are all stars. :)
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

EDIT** brain fade. sorry
Last edited by Scott Page on Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crucial

Mixology

Post by Crucial »

He was looking for the sticky throttle cut. The safety switch does work for a standard cut but it's not sticky.
papa_lazerous

Re: Sticky T-Cut Throttle

Post by papa_lazerous »

Just a quick question which is kind of related to the original post about throttle cut.

Do you think it would be possible to set a throttle cut to go to a specified amount of throttle but using the sprung loaded trainer switch where once the switch is flicked the throttle is cut and it stays that way until the trainer switch is flicked again? I am trying to get it to work right now and I am missing something in my brain to understand it fully lol
wheelspinner20

Post by wheelspinner20 »

Trainer is just a momentary. So the controller chip only acts on its real time position... either open or shorted. I think this would be tricky.

Are you out of switches? whats the specific application, this might help the experts to come up with a happy medium!

Pat
no more quippy little latin phrases.! Its old
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

papa_lazerous wrote:Do you think it would be possible to set a throttle cut to go to a specified amount of throttle but using the sprung loaded trainer switch where once the switch is flicked the throttle is cut and it stays that way until the trainer switch is flicked again? I am trying to get it to work right now and I am missing something in my brain to understand it fully lol
It may be possible, it will use a lot of custom switches. However, I'm not sure it's a good idea, as you can't guarantee which way (cut or not cut) it starts in, and no obvious indication which way it currently is. Please detail your requirement fully.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
jsfrancal

Post by jsfrancal »

Somewhat old but interesting topic, here is a new idea.

The EEPE example 3 has a solution using 2 custom switches and 5 mixes (!).
This is fine if you have plenty of mixes available, but if you're mix bound and not switch bound, any mixing freed up is helpful.

Here's an idea to get sticky throttle cut using only the one basic throttle mix (freeing 4 mixes with respect to initial example), a safety switch and 3 custom switches, only one more than the original example.
  1. Set your throttle channel to 100% THR
  2. Set your custom switches as follows:
    • CswitchA:AND THR SWB
    • CswitchB: OR SWA SWC
    • CswitchC: v<ofs THR -95
  3. set throttle channel safety switch to : !SWA -100
This assumes you start out with TH switch OFF (= assumed throttle cut position) which is the default after er9x warnings (additional safety in operating this way). You need to turn TH ON and run throttle stick below -95 (in no particular order) to start using throttle stick normally, else the safety switch remains active.

Explaination:
SWC is triggered when the THR stick is < -95.
SWA and SWB act as the memory of (THR stick < -95 and THR switch on):
SWB is triggered if THR stick is < -95 OR if (THR stick < -95 and THR switch on) was previously observed (SWA).
SWA is triggered if the THR switch is on AND if SWB is ON (bootstrapped in particular when THR stick < -95). SWA goes OFF as soon as THR switch is OFF, so should SWB.

I don't see why this wouldn't work but I'm getting strange results under eepe (v347): when I start eepe fresh it works at advertised, but sometimes after several modifications and simulator runs, it seems buggy as the switches A and B seem to go ON when I flick THR ON (and erratically go ON/OFF without any user intervention), even though the throttle is not at idle position. I don't see a good reason for this. I'm trying to figure out if my logic is flawed and incomatible with the eepe/er9x switch evaluation process, or if this is an eepe bug.

Any idea? Anybody want to test this?

Return to “er9x / gruvin9x / th9 based firmwares”