sticky t-cut and trim

Programing help and example for all firmwares based on thus's th9 firmware.
knucklebuster

sticky t-cut and trim

Post by knucklebuster » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:24 am

Hope someone can help, I am using stick t-cut on my nitro heli, but when I have the throttle switch on, the trim switch has no effect to set idle speed on the engine, but when the switch is turned off, then the throttle trim works correctly to control the idle. does anybody know what I need to change? i am running er9x-r701, and i used the sticky t-cut template, as mentioned every part of the t-cut work except using trim switch to control throttle.

jhsa

Re: sticky t-cut and trim

Post by jhsa » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:51 am

I think (and I might be wrong) you are misunderstanding what throttle cut is.. Thr-cut means no motor nunning, so everything will be at -100%.. the point is exactly that you don't START the motor by accident and hurt yourself. You should not expect that your motor run in any way when that switch is active..
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

knucklebuster

Post by knucklebuster » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:02 pm

I need to use something then on a nitro engine heli to cut the throttle but keep the engine running at idle. i need all the features of the sticky t-cut to keep the throttle at idle but i need to be able to adjust the idle speed to keep the engine running, does anybody have a different setup that works?

Westy

Post by Westy » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:38 am

Why not set up your Idle adjustment on a pot (Like I did with my gyro Gain )and once you have the setting you want by experimenting.... you can then set that setting to a switch or even set it on ID2 wit hthe THR hold on....

Take the reading in your analog view with your throttle position when you have the RPM you want ..... then you can assign the ID2 switch with that amount of throttle on channel 3.
Just an idea.
Cheers
Westy

wheelspinner20

Post by wheelspinner20 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:33 am

Why don't you just mix a pot in WITH the throttle cut with an acceptable offset and weight rating so that you can fine tune the idle when the t cut is on... or whatever switch you want to use. Then when the switch is turned of to fly, the pot wont do anything, or it could do something else with that switch off if you wanted. Play with it in eepe.... you do eepe right??

Pat
no more quippy little latin phrases.! Its old

Return to “er9x / gruvin9x / th9 based firmwares”