Safety Switches

Programing help and example for all firmwares based on thus's th9 firmware.
Luke2000

Safety Switches

Post by Luke2000 »

Brand new here so...

I have read through any ER9X manual that I can find but cannot find a reference to what the safety switches do. My interest in this is I am wondering if they are related to failsafes. I know that the failsafe on Channel 3 (throttle) works when range becomes an issue but am wondering if any other channels could be set to a failsafe, possibly with the safety switches.

Any takers on safety switches or failsafes other than throttle?

Luke

GrootWitbaas

Safety Switches

Post by GrootWitbaas »

I may be wrong, but i don't believe there are any fail saves on the stock 8ch receiver. I have read the 3ch has one on ch3. Switches are programable, not fail saves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
General trouble maker and wannabee Dev
MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Safety Switches

Post by MikeB »

The safety switches are for use to stop a servo output moving accidently. Most obviously, one is used with the throttle.Within the er9x software, when generating the PPM output stream, they are processed last, and override anything else in the mixes etc.
I use one saftey switch, assigned to the throttle cut switch so that with the switch in one position, the throttle stick does not have any effect on the throttle output. This helps safety. if you are carrying the plane, and the tx, if you accidently catch the throttle stick, the motor will not burst into life. When ready to take off, flip the safety switch and off you go.

Safety switches have no effect on any failsafe you might have, failsafe is usually a function of the receiver you are using, if it supports it.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Luke2000

Re: Safety Switches

Post by Luke2000 »

Gotcha,

Thanks again,

Luke

Return to “er9x / gruvin9x / th9 based firmwares”