Automatic spoilers/spoilerons - Need Help

Programing help and example for all firmwares based on thus's th9 firmware.
G550Ted

Automatic spoilers/spoilerons - Need Help

Post by G550Ted »

I have spoilerons set up on a couple of powered models (not gliders) to assist in glide control for landing. Actuation of the spoilerons is selected by the ID2 switch and has a slow down feature. I have made mixes to have the spoilerons retract if the throttle stick is moved to any position above 1/2 and then re-extend when the stick is moved to less than 1/2. As it stands, I can't figure out how to make this auto retract/re-extend feature have the spoilerons move in a slowed fashion like they do when selected/de-selected with the ID2 switch. Anyone have a solution?

Thanx,

Ted

edit - I have tried to attach a screen shot of my mixes but it doesn't seem to work. Looks like I need help doing that too. :?
Attachments
mixes.rtf
(4.62 MiB) Downloaded 373 times

aesmith

Re: Automatic spoilers/spoilerons - Need Help

Post by aesmith »

I had some similar problems with slow on flaps where they're actuated by more than one switch. I suggest using a phantom channel as a "virtual spoiler", have the switch and throttle mixes applied to that channel, then have the actual control surfaces follow that channel. If necessary use two logical channels. For example CH12 to move at full speed based on the switch and throttle, then have CH11 follow CH12 with the slows applied, then finally mix (for example) +75% CH11 to one aileron and -75% to the other aileron.
----------------------------
Tony S
wheelspinner20

Post by wheelspinner20 »

Ted, can I make a suggestion, post the eeprom file from eepe. The file that you save in your pc, you can post it as an attachment. The the guys can look at it , heck they can change it for you, then re-post it and show you how to do it. If it can be done.
no more quippy little latin phrases.! Its old
G550Ted

Post by G550Ted »

aesmith wrote:<snip> I suggest using a phantom channel as a "virtual spoiler", have the switch and throttle mixes applied to that channel, then have the actual control surfaces follow that channel. If necessary use two logical channels.<snip>
Good suggestion, thanx. I'll give it a go this weekend and post if I succeed.

Ted
G550Ted

Post by G550Ted »

wheelspinner20 wrote:<snip>Ted, can I make a suggestion, post the eeprom file from eepe.<snip>
Good idea, thanx.

Here is my original eePe file.

Ted
Attachments
Test.eepe
(4.84 KiB) Downloaded 354 times

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Ted, have a look at my reply on viewtopic.php?f=35&t=202

Mike.