Bind mCPX to 9x Radio

Programing help and example for all firmwares based on thus's th9 firmware.
mrmarc

Bind mCPX to 9x Radio

Post by mrmarc »

I couldn't find this anywhere else, but since I finally figured it out, I figured I'd share. The binding process as written in the manual requires a slight modification, but basically you follow the steps for computerized radios. Once you have your setup ready (at the very least, have the first 4 channels in correctly -- 1:THR, 2:AIL, 3:ELE, 4:RUD), you can bind:
  1. With the Tx off, power on the heli -- the LED's will flash constantly
  2. While holding the TRN switch (momentary switch on the upper right), turn on the Tx
  3. Once turned on, give full RIGHT RUDDER input (move the left stick far right) while continuing to hold the TRN switch
  4. In a few seconds, the LED while go solid indicating success
If you have your setup completed prior to binding, you should be able to confirm them with cyclic servo movement and throttle input. Cheers.
ER9x|DSMX - EXI 450 Sport CF - Blade SR - Blade mCPX - 9958 - V911

cre8tiveleo

Re: Bind mCPX to 9x Radio

Post by cre8tiveleo »

Weird.
I just bind normally.
(I have my dmsX module internal)

Setup model, dsm protocol selected.

mcpx on first, trainer toggle on, power on, bound. done.
TAER is a given, standard spektrum protocol.

No need to touch any of the sticks or knobs for it to bind.
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

I suspect the more important thing is some mixes on the radio to send some data?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
cre8tiveleo

Post by cre8tiveleo »

Not for a proper Bind. I had it bind to the Tx before any settings were made. (this is what I experienced. don't know about anyone else.) Non of the other Spektrum devices I have (quads , helis or planes) ever required additional stick input... *shrugs*
mrmarc

Post by mrmarc »

Weird. I kept seeing that people who had problems binding held the rudder to the right during the bind process. What took me a bit to figure out was when they would do that step.

As for the additional stick input step, it's in the manual for both the computerized radios like the DX6i and non-programmable ones like the DX4e. Just thought I'd share my experience with binding to the mCPX is all. I tried binding the "standard" way, but that didn't work (it does for my AR6100e, of course).

EDIT: I decided to try re-binding the mCPX to my 9X using the "standard" method, and it did work. All I know is it didn't before I managed the first successful one. IDK...

rperkins

Post by rperkins »

I've never had to hold my stick to bind when using 9x . When i used the blade dx4e xmitter, then i had to hold the stick to bind. The key, for me, to bind the mcpx to 9x modded with dsm is: be sure the flash screen is turned off, that you dont have any stick warnings, and hold the trainer switch up when turning on the 9x. The mcpx should be on before turning on the transmitter.
mrmarc

Post by mrmarc »

rperkins wrote:The key...be sure the flash screen is turned off...
That must have been it.

Return to “er9x / gruvin9x / th9 based firmwares”