topic areas

Have something to say about 9xForums? Whether it be good or bad, about our products, site or service, tell us about it here.
Irish Steve

topic areas

Post by Irish Steve »

Rob,

Can I put a suggestion forward for the hardware area? We have a programmers area, and there is an area for Mods, which at this stage is slightly nebulous.

Could I suggest that it might be worth having a Electronic mods, for things like the display driver, putting USB connections in, or changes to wiring and that side of things, and another sub section that could relate to mechanical mods, like swapping the modes, or (thinking aloud for the future) sources of mechanical spares for joysticks, maybe even with time, modifying the joysticks to use Hall Effect devices rather than mechanical pots, things like that, which will be a slightly different focus. Even things like sources of supply for mechanical spares for the case, or (as time goes on and Turnigy perhaps move on) sources for TX mechanical bits.

Another possible area for future expansion, but maybe not needed yet, other than to have maybe binding instructions in there, would be receivers, or similar. At present, no one has "hacked" the receivers that I know of, but hey, with the way this project is developing, it might not be that long before it happens.

Slightly further off subject in one respect, but I think it will happen, will be the "what servo's should I be using?", or "my XXXX servo is not doing what I expect, which might be servo specific rather than TX/RX related as such.

There is also the thought of basic 9X issues before it's modified, relating to effectively quality control issues at Turnigy, I've got one that will need a home before long, a large blob of solder that's not supposed to be there, and which I've fortunately spotted before applying any power to the TX. It's going to have to be gently warmed and sucked off so that it's not bridging several tracks and maybe doing unmentionable things to the TX. At present, it doesn't really fit any of the categories, but these sorts of issues will arrive here, probably sooner than you're expecting.

There there's a "general" area, where people will be able to ask "Can I do .......... with the 9X, and because of lack of understanding of what it can do, they don't know where to post initially, and (Sorry, that's life) one of the long suffering mods will have to move it to the appropriate section so that a relevant expert can hopefully help.

Given the right emphasis, this area could become the primary source of information for the 9X family, so anything related to it will probably be raised sooner rather than later.

Cheers
Irish Steve

If it was easy, shure, would't we all be doin it?

_

Rob Thomson
Site Admin

topic areas

Post by Rob Thomson »

Irish Steve wrote:Rob,

Can I put a suggestion forward for the hardware area? We have a programmers area, and there is an area for Mods, which at this stage is slightly nebulous.

Could I suggest that it might be worth having a Electronic mods, for things like the display driver, putting USB connections in, or changes to wiring and that side of things, and another sub section that could relate to mechanical mods, like swapping the modes, or (thinking aloud for the future) sources of mechanical spares for joysticks, maybe even with time, modifying the joysticks to use Hall Effect devices rather than mechanical pots, things like that, which will be a slightly different focus. Even things like sources of supply for mechanical spares for the case, or (as time goes on and Turnigy perhaps move on) sources for TX mechanical bits.

Another possible area for future expansion, but maybe not needed yet, other than to have maybe binding instructions in there, would be receivers, or similar. At present, no one has "hacked" the receivers that I know of, but hey, with the way this project is developing, it might not be that long before it happens.

Slightly further off subject in one respect, but I think it will happen, will be the "what servo's should I be using?", or "my XXXX servo is not doing what I expect, which might be servo specific rather than TX/RX related as such.

There is also the thought of basic 9X issues before it's modified, relating to effectively quality control issues at Turnigy, I've got one that will need a home before long, a large blob of solder that's not supposed to be there, and which I've fortunately spotted before applying any power to the TX. It's going to have to be gently warmed and sucked off so that it's not bridging several tracks and maybe doing unmentionable things to the TX. At present, it doesn't really fit any of the categories, but these sorts of issues will arrive here, probably sooner than you're expecting.

There there's a "general" area, where people will be able to ask "Can I do .......... with the 9X, and because of lack of understanding of what it can do, they don't know where to post initially, and (Sorry, that's life) one of the long suffering mods will have to move it to the appropriate section so that a relevant expert can hopefully help.

Given the right emphasis, this area could become the primary source of information for the 9X family, so anything related to it will probably be raised sooner rather than later.

Cheers
Thanks for these thoughts too - the whole forum is evolving at the moment as we all find our feet. This sort of feedback and involvement is very usefull and will help make the forum great!

Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Re: topic areas

Post by Rob Thomson »

Hi All,

I have split the MODS section into a few 'sub forums' - and moved the posts to their correct threads.

Please try keep things categorised in the correct place :P

If you think of any sub forums that would be use full in addition to those we have now - shout!

Rob
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!

Return to “Feedback”