Suggestion

Have something to say about 9xForums? Whether it be good or bad, about our products, site or service, tell us about it here.
kaptain_zero

Suggestion

Post by kaptain_zero »

Thanks for making this new forum available Rob!

The only thing missing that I can see is a separate area for discussing/using eepe. It is so useful for editing models and of course uploading and downloading files from the radio, that it really deserves its own topic. I also have some suggestions for erez regarding eepe... some label changing might be helpful for new users.

Just a thought...

Regards

Christian
"There's only two things that excite a man, expensive toys and real expensive toys."
-- Red Green

Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Re: Suggestion

Post by Rob Thomson »

kaptain_zero wrote:Thanks for making this new forum available Rob!

The only thing missing that I can see is a separate area for discussing/using eepe. It is so useful for editing models and of course uploading and downloading files from the radio, that it really deserves its own topic. I also have some suggestions for erez regarding eepe... some label changing might be helpful for new users.

Just a thought...

Regards

Christian
I will create a new thread for this.
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
kaptain_zero

Post by kaptain_zero »

Thanks Rob!

I was just over on RCgroups and see people are leaving pointers to move over here which is great. I would like to suggest however that an archive of the RCgroups 1000+ page discussion be place somewhere on this forum, either as a locked down thread or perhaps as a downloadable file?!?! I dunno.... it just seems like there is so much information there that should be kept available for later joiners who might wish to read about the "early years". :mrgreen:

Regards

Christian (sometimes also known as Christina when dyslexia or my fumble fingers strike :roll: )
"There's only two things that excite a man, expensive toys and real expensive toys."
-- Red Green
kaptain_zero

Post by kaptain_zero »

Regarding the eePe area.... I just went to post a message and I had no way of starting a new topic? I suspect it's just a quirk and that Rob needs to do something to make it possible..... Just thought I'd mention it.

Christian
-- Red Green
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

Should be ok now.

There is a 'caching' engine in place - so can sometimes take a few minutes for the options to appear after I create them.

Rob
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!

jhsa

Post by jhsa »

I think eepe has to be together with mixes/Programming discussion.. Otherwise we will have 2 different places discussing mixes

Just my 2c
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
GrootWitbaas

Post by GrootWitbaas »

Can you add strikeout in the forum (for editing of post it is very handy when someone can read wat was said before, not just see nothing)
General trouble maker and wannabee Dev
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

Are you going to add a section dedicated to sharing mixes? Perhaps it's there and I'm no seeing it.
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

Scott Page wrote:Are you going to add a section dedicated to sharing mixes? Perhaps it's there and I'm no seeing it.
There is a sub thread on the er9x thread.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3

The idea is that each firmware can grow it's own mix section. Chances are over time the systems will become quite different so best to keep all mixes in there own firmwares!

Rob
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

kaptain_zero wrote:Thanks Rob!

I was just over on RCgroups and see people are leaving pointers to move over here which is great. I would like to suggest however that an archive of the RCgroups 1000+ page discussion be place somewhere on this forum, either as a locked down thread or perhaps as a downloadable file?!?! I dunno.... it just seems like there is so much information there that should be kept available for later joiners who might wish to read about the "early years". :mrgreen:

Regards

Christian (sometimes also known as Christina when dyslexia or my fumble fingers strike :roll: )
I have been looking in to this. Unfortunately rcgroups.com do not provide RSS feeds - I could download and import in one hit!

This means I will need to do some kind of manual 'web scrape' to make it work. I will get there eventually :roll:
Irish Steve

Post by Irish Steve »

rob.thomson wrote:
I have been looking in to this. Unfortunately rcgroups.com do not provide RSS feeds - I could download and import in one hit!

This means I will need to do some kind of manual 'web scrape' to make it work. I will get there eventually :roll:
Rob,

Not sure if it will help, I've used an offline reader (Virtual Access) for years that made this sort of thing very easy, but it doesn't work with PHPbb. So, I went looking for a possibly alternative, and came up with Forum Pilot, which will "scrape" forums and make a local copy. Not sure how easy it would then be to upload, but if it's on a local machine, and reading between the lines, you too are an accomplished programmer, having the data under your control from a manipulation point of view is more than half the battle. I've just installed it here this evening, and tried it out on this forum, and it seems to work well in providing an offline resource.

Forum Pilot is still under development at the moment, and it can be found at http://alfred.co.in/software/forum-pilo ... um-reader/.

For the record, (Yeah, I did moderating once upon a time :) ) I have no connection with or to the developer of the Forum Pilot software other than as a new user.
Irish Steve

If it was easy, shure, would't we all be doin it?

_
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Suggestion

Post by Rob Thomson »

Irish Steve wrote:
rob.thomson wrote:

Rob,

Not sure if it will help, I've used an offline reader (Virtual Access) for years that made this sort of thing very easy, but it doesn't work with PHPbb. So, I went looking for a possibly alternative, and came up with Forum Pilot, which will "scrape" forums and make a local copy. Not sure how easy it would then be to upload, but if it's on a local machine, and reading between the lines, you too are an accomplished programmer, having the data under your control from a manipulation point of view is more than half the battle. I've just installed it here this evening, and tried it out on this forum, and it seems to work well in providing an offline resource.

Forum Pilot is still under development at the moment, and it can be found at http://alfred.co.in/software/forum-pilo ... um-reader/.

For the record, (Yeah, I did moderating once upon a time :) ) I have no connection with or to the developer of the Forum Pilot software other than as a new user.
Thanks Steve, I will check it out.

Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Feedback”