Screen shots of the new companion9x

A fork of eePe. It's aim is to provide one tool that works with ALL firmwares!
ShowMaster

Re: Screen shots of the new companion9x

Post by ShowMaster »

yes the simulator button is on the left over the four cursor buttons inside the simulator itself... and it does capture the the C9X program folder.
SM

ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Yes it's there and works.
SM
billhally

Post by billhally »

Latest version appears to still be inverting the DR/EXPO switch from previous er9x eeproms any fix expected for this?

Hally
bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

It's not an error! It comes from the difference between the ways er9x expos and th9x / gruvin9x expos are calculated. Please check carefully, you will see that the switches are inverted but also the values. It's the only way to have exactly the same results on all firmwares when in er9x there are 2 switches on a line. (for the same reason if you want to apply dual rates activated on ID0/ID1/ID2, in er9x, you have to set the switch 1 negative).

But it's totally true that if you only have one switch, the inversion could be avoided. I just made a change for that. It will be part of the next companion9x version (0.29) which should be online today (if time allows)!

Bertrand.
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

I notice that in the .29 sim screen the screen capture button in now at the bottom left . It works but is not standing out as an option. You had me use several screen capture options and I'm thinking that they should be explained in the help? all the capture options are good tools but I'm not sure when or how to call them up and when to use them. More info when there's time please.
Thank you for all your hard work everyone involved.
SM

Romolo
9x Developer

Post by Romolo »

I don't know if I have fully understood, so excuse me if the answer is incomplete.
There are many screen capture options and tools available for every operating system.
The "Ctrl + Alt + PrintScreen" key sequence is embedded in your operating system and has nothing to do with companion9x.
About the screen capture tool integrated in companion, it has the primary aim to allow people to document particular programs made on the radio and help developers to write manuals.
We tried to integrate the companion printscreen button in the graphics, probably now is not so evident like it was before (a separate button) but we spared 30 px in height, we indeed had to accept some compromise.
Regards,
Romolo
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Ok on the button display. It's OK I just wanted to note that for a first timer it doesn't stand out as a feature. Mentioning it in the help menu later will help those that read it if it's needed.
As for the capture options, the OS capture options are again something that many have never used except or right click in window OS.
Listing the capture options for each OS running C9X either in help or in this thread will bring everyone up to speed as some will never ask but will read the thread. In my case I thought I knew all the capture options but by asking I learned something new and useful. But asking exposed my ignoriance, something many won't have to do now.
I'm good to go now
Thank you
SM
wallaguest1

Post by wallaguest1 »

can you simulate a a blue backlight in the simulator screen? will be nice to have this useless option :P
gbirkus

Post by gbirkus »

wallaguest1 wrote:can you simulate a a blue backlight in the simulator screen? will be nice to have this useless option :P
Do you think this? if yes load or create new eepe file with general setting "BaclightSwitch" or "BaclightAuto ON/OFF after" and in preferences of Companion9x set BacklightColor to Blue
Attachments
Screenshot-Simulating Tx (Gruvin9x).png
Romolo
9x Developer

Post by Romolo »

ShowMaster wrote:Ok on the button display. It's OK I just wanted to note that for a first timer it doesn't stand out as a feature. Mentioning it in the help menu later will help those that read it if it's needed.
As for the capture options, the OS capture options are again something that many have never used except or right click in window OS.
Listing the capture options for each OS running C9X either in help or in this thread will bring everyone up to speed as some will never ask but will read the thread. In my case I thought I knew all the capture options but by asking I learned something new and useful. But asking exposed my ignoriance, something many won't have to do now.
I'm good to go now
Thank you
SM
The problem of making the print button standing out as an options fights with the limited screen space available to make companion compatible with netbook computers. probably a tooltip or something similar may help....

About asking.... an old teacher of mine was used to say: if you ask something that you don't know, you may seem ignorant for 5 seconds... If you don't ask you will remain ignorant forever...
Regards,
Romolo

PS: My answer was due to my limited understanding of the English language, I wanted to be sure to have well understood the question, sorry for my English.
wallaguest1

Post by wallaguest1 »

looks nice the backlight!
i had some problems, it took some seconds the frist time to "light up" and i had high CPU usage, but looks like its normal now after reset it, quite strange...
gbirkus

Post by gbirkus »

wallaguest1 wrote:looks nice the backlight!
i had some problems, it took some seconds the frist time to "light up" and i had high CPU usage, but looks like its normal now after reset it, quite strange...
what is your selected firmware for simulation? try select other. still same?
Romolo
9x Developer

Post by Romolo »

wallaguest1 wrote:looks nice the backlight!
I'm trying to reproduce even on a completely new installation but I can't....
I will put this issue under observation.
Really cannot understand what may take high CPU usage in that routine....

Thanks for referring the issue,
Regards,
Romolo
wallaguest1

Post by wallaguest1 »

i am not sure but maybe what i see was this:
try to open the simulator with any alarm on it, like switch alarm, while the alarm shows up in the virtual LCD and you dont press any button, CPU is at 100% fulltime, and while that, if you click the designed backlight switch, it just don't work until alarms are passed (pushing any button)
Romolo
9x Developer

Post by Romolo »

wallaguest1 wrote:i am not sure but maybe what i see was this:
try to open the simulator with any alarm on it, like switch alarm, while the alarm shows up in the virtual LCD and you dont press any button, CPU is at 100% fulltime, and while that, if you click the designed backlight switch, it just don't work until alarms are passed (pushing any button)
Ok reproduced, but does not depends on "backlight" it does the same even with backlight turned off.
I have just noticed that till the alarms are not cleared one core of my CPU is at 100%....
Thanks for pointing out the problem..
Romolo

EDIT:
problem found, but it's not an issue but a "feature" :)
In real firmware when the radio is alarmed there is an infinite loop waiting for a key to be pressed.
Obviously in real firmware it's not an issue (as the radio in this case should not do nothing else) but in companion it brings CPU to 100%.
Solving this issue anyway involve some firmware code patching.... We will do.
wallaguest1

Post by wallaguest1 »

its possible to make the representation bars move more smoothly ? at eepe they move much more quick, like at 30 fps, and with companion they move like at 5fps
you don't see them traveling all the way long quickly

thnks
Romolo
9x Developer

Post by Romolo »

@wallaguest1:
Are you speaking about simulator bars ?
They move rather smoothly here. But I'm running next release (0.32), and a lot has changed in simulator interface.
In this release you will find also joystick support, you will be able to move sticks using the radio using a cheap USB rc simulator adapter.
wallaguest1

Post by wallaguest1 »

yes, the blue bars
i will wait for the next release to see the improvement then

by the way, next to the DN button there is a round button, what is it for ?
bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

wallaguest1 wrote:yes, the blue bars

Hi,
This button saves screenshots. You will find files like "screenshot_xx.png" with xx=the screenshot index.
We will soon add some configuration stuff to allow the user changing the directory where they are saved and the prefix used.
Bertrand.
Romolo
9x Developer

Post by Romolo »

wallaguest1 wrote:yes, the blue bars

Version 0.32 released....
Splash screens library
Automatic Backup and restore of EEProm during firmware updates
Joystick support in simulator....

Have a try...
wallaguest1

Post by wallaguest1 »

downloaded, but i find the blue bars to be moving exactly like the other one, i dont know why but at eepe they move much more smoothly,
bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

Ok I will try to find a solution for that.
Bertrand.

Return to “companion9x”