Need some help

A fork of eePe. It's aim is to provide one tool that works with ALL firmwares!
nd3

Need some help

Post by nd3 »

Gents, need some help real quick. I'm just getting back into RC so I'm a bit of a noob. :D All of this digital tech is great so far! Anyway, I've got the 9XR and I was trying to update my firmware to OpenTx using companion9x. I was using this pocket AVR from sparkfun. https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9825
I know the drivers work and it was installed properly because I used it to flash my KK2 board. Other than that, I'm running Windows 7 32bit. I've attached a screenshot of the error message below. After the flashing, I was able to center the sticks and I saw my updated jpeg on the startup screen so I know something went through.

Thoughts??

Thanks in advance, Nat

(Mods, if I've posted this in the wrong place, please move me!)
Attachments
Error.jpg

LTMNO

Need some help

Post by LTMNO »

Try the -V option in the programmer. See if that works for you. It should just work.
The Gear beside the c9x icon... put that in the arguments textbox.
Have a look at the Help Button to show you all the switches...
Custom 9x with M64/Telemetry Mod
ReSt

Re: Need some help

Post by ReSt »

Are you sure, your radio has the M128 processor and not the M64 ?

The failing address points to the first byte above 64k

Reinhard
LTMNO

Post by LTMNO »

Good catch... but if that isn't it, i have upgraded mine to m128 and i get the error from time to time... i just don't verify and all is well... system works fine... probably not the best solution. ;-)
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I'm not convinced the M128 is always quite right. On mine, even though I have the EESAVE fuse programmed, when I flash the EEPROM sometimes gets corrupted.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

ReSt

Post by ReSt »

The only thing that I get with my modded M128, flashing does not work when the throttle cut switch is active. Then AVRDUDE can't read the processor id while I do have no problem with the M64's

Reinhard
nd3

Post by nd3 »

Ok, thanks for the ideas! I'll give them a shot over the next couple of days. As for the 64 or 128 bit, I'm actually clueless of which one it is and didn't actually take the receiver apart to verify. I was going on the "hopes" that it was the upgraded one based on the fact that I just purchased it within the last couple of weeks.

Oh, and here is a screenshot of the options that I chose to upload. I have no idea why I chose these :? except that is what I saw on the tube demo. If someone could link me to where it explains what the options actually mean, that would be most helpful. I plan on using this tx for my tricopter plus an airplane or two flying with an OSD eventually. So I really don't know what I need more than the basics plus the ability to save model profiles. Oh, and will be using HK Orange RX/TX.. I do like open source options no matter how painful it is to get set up! :lol:
Attachments
Options.jpg
LTMNO

Post by LTMNO »

@Mike, good to know…
@Reinhard, I don't use the Throttle Cut ever…

I use ER9X and OpenTx and am very happy with both…
I eventually get the firmware flashed if it doesn't work the first time.

all the best 'nd3'
ReSt

Post by ReSt »

You have selected the 'FrSky' option.
This option requires, that you have done the FrSky mod, that is, you have soldered some wires around the processor to reroute some signals to different pins (see the Wiki).
As you do not know which processor you have, you obviously have not done this hardware modification.
So in the moment, your switches 'Throttle cut' and 'Aileron-D/R' probably will not work. They will always be shown as 'active' if you check them on the radio display.

Reinhard
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

nd3

Post by nd3 »

Thank you all! I'm better armed now to make the right choices on the preferences!

ReST, see you are in Germany as well. When I get off of probation or whatever has me locked down, I'll pm you. :lol:

Again, thanks all for the advice!

Nat
ReSt

Post by ReSt »

You are welcome

Reinhard
nd3

Post by nd3 »

Gents, just wanted to follow up and say that I got it all worked out. This is the first day since I asked for help that I've been able to crack it open again. How dare work get in my way!! Anyway, after I chose better options in Companion9x, it uploaded with no errors. I didn't have to use the -V option either.

Thanks all! Nat
imopector

Post by imopector »

Hi
j'avais déjà soulevé le problème au début de l'année, mais je n'ai pas réussi à le résoudre.
Je n'ose plus me servir de ce TX
http://openrcforums.com/forum/viewtopic ... eur#p49353

Return to “companion9x”