getting blank screen on tx & in campanion9x

A fork of eePe. It's aim is to provide one tool that works with ALL firmwares!
steve101

getting blank screen on tx & in campanion9x

Post by steve101 »

Hi there could anyone shed some light on what is happening whith one of my tx,s i have flashed opentx and campanion9x editor, one is working well the other every time i try to load a model or template screen is blank, i have frsky Telementry Module in both, try to write or flash firmware to tx keeps comming up abort cant work out what i;m doing wrong much appreciate some help thanks

Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Re: getting blank screen on tx & in campanion9x

Post by Rob Thomson »

OK.. So when you start up the radio that is not working...

Does it load the default model?

Does it all work?

Can you post some photos of each step as your initial request for help is not very clear to understand.
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
steve101

Post by steve101 »

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UFz8IzO ... e=youtu.be[/BBvideo]Thank you for your responce sorry i have taken so long to get back to you photos as asked :D
steve101

Post by steve101 »

Thanks again for any responces i think the cord from computer to tx may of come out allso may of clicked wrong thing in fuses any suggestions on how to fix would be much appreciated i,m very new to this but love it dearly.
I have two tx turnigy 9ch th9 one is working perfectly the other not so the version i have on my controls is as follows svn;opentx-r2647 Date; 2013-07-21 Time; 15;37;16 EEPR; 213-2
If any other infomation is required please let me know thank you very much it would be great to have it working again and if so i will read and learn much more before i touch anything again lesson learnt
steve101

Post by steve101 »

rperkins

Post by rperkins »

The error is 'target doesnt answer' which would be correct if you have mangled the MCU by clicking on the wrong fuses ( if possible ) or if the cable came disconnected while reprogramming. The 'can not set SCK' warning can mostly be ignored except for the fact that you cant use the -B option to avrdude to manually slow down the programming speed. The fact that you can program another radio using the same exact setup proves your configuration is good.

1. did this tx ever work ?
2. what was the last thing you did to it before it quit working ?
3. What hardware mods have been done ?
4. If you have made hardware mods, upload a pic showing the mods so we can look at your handiwork
5. Show a pic of your usbasp or at the very least read the thread 'known problematic usbasp'
6. start to read threads about 'bricked' Tx or MCU.
7. Do you have an arduino or other means of generating a clock signal if in fact you do have a 'bricked' MCU ?
8 Dont ever use the -F option

Good luck. dont worry, lots of people have recovered from this point
steve101

Post by steve101 »

answer to quetsions 1. yes
2.not sure?
3.trainer resistor,fr sky telementrey module
4.can not
5.not at this stage
6.read threads
7.no
8. ok very clear will not use -f option whatever that is
rperkins

Post by rperkins »

Well i gotta admit. You answered every questiion while providing very little information. Sorry but I dont have enough information to hazard a guess, at this time.
Flaps 30

Post by Flaps 30 »

Question from Rperkins was: "What was the last thing you did to it before it quit working?" your answer was: "Not sure?" Your previous comment on this was: "I think the cord from computer to tx may of come out allso may of clicked wrong thing in fuses"

Have you tried to flash the TX again? If so what was reported by AVRDUDE?

As Rperkins has said. We really need more information, other than for you to say that it is broken for us to help you on this problem.
steve101

Post by steve101 »

Yes i have tried to re flash but wont for me to try to explain as best as i know how(sorry i making this so hard to understand ) i have opened up new file pressed on write to tx avrdude says started avr dude c:/program files (x86)/ campanion9x/avrdude.exe -c usbasp -p usb -u eeprom:c:/users/steve/appData/local/Temp/temp.bin: r avrdude.exe: warning: cannot set sck period. Please check for usbasp firmware update. Target doesnt answer. 1 initialization failed, rc=-1 double check connections try again use -f to override this check
rperkins

Post by rperkins »

Alright , lets try again.

1. Did it ever work after you made your hardware mods ?
2. Can you provide a url to the hardware mods you made , especially the telemetry mod?
3. What was your reason for reprograming it ? Were you having problems or everything was fine before you decided to reprogram.
4. Can you provide a url to the model of usbasp that you are using ?
5. Will there be any pics coming of your mods and/or programmer ?

The more information you provide the better likelyhood we can help you.
All your error means is that the programmer cant find the tx. You would get the same error if you didnt even plug the tx into the programmer
steve101

Post by steve101 »

yes it did work untill i think we tried to load a new model a flap configeration setup the only mods are frsky telementry diy and trainer resistor mod from bwsweb on you tube ( er9x Turnigy Flash Radio Control Upgrade from beginning to end! ) (Turnigy 9x FrSky DHT 8ch DIY TX Module Installation 2 Way Teleme) resistor mod (Hobby King Turnigy 9X Trainer Function and Simulator Modification Fix)
the reason for reprogramming was i thought tha firmware was gone so i tried to reflash firmware but it did not work just come up whith abort flash cant backup usbasp is (The board I purchased was from ebay and if you search for item 300695243866 you should find the exact one I purchased. is there any way i can press a button or do something in campanion9x so i can better show you what is happening if you like you could email me some ideas
rperkins

Post by rperkins »

ok I found your programmer
http://www.ebay.com/itm/USBASP-USB-ISP- ... 0695243866

but not your youtube mods- Ok found it . the user is BMSWEB
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Bm_OO5gexQ

So the last time it worked was when you tried to load a configuration file through companion9x ?

Had you ever successfully used companion9x after you made the telemetry mods ?

I'll check the vid out tomorrow. gotta sleep now.
I'm curious if the telemetry mods effected your programming lines

until then check this out about your programmer
do you have the part marked in red as a '221' or is your a '101'
http://www.rc-cam.com/forum/index.php?/ ... entry27092
more info about this here
http://openrcforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2490
rperkins

Post by rperkins »

After you follow up on the details of the resistor pack in your usbasp , maybe some details of how you wired the telemetry data into the MCU. I didnt see that info in your above referenced video. I did take the time to investigate that at least in some situations thr telemetry data is wired into the same lines that are used foe reprogramming/

And
How about some pics of your mods.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Telemetry is always wired to the same pins as the programmer as.. . well, both use the same pins :)

If the telemetry mod is done as shown in the guides it shouldn't cause trouble, but yes if the mod was done more creatively it could.

Sent via mobile
rperkins

Post by rperkins »

Thanks for the clarification as I have never done the mod. I didnt see the details in the video he mentioned although I could have missed it. IIR the radio in the vid still had the original turnigy firmware on it.
steve101

Post by steve101 »

Hi again yes bmsweb does another vid where he does flashing after this mod i followed it it did all work ok at time radio not here at moment friend having quick look i will post mods in vid for you a little down track once again thank you to all your help out there you do make life a lot easier especially peace of mined i will attach link to mods allso for what i followed thanks to all

Return to “companion9x”