Latest Version: Compilation Problems on Linux

A fork of eePe. It's aim is to provide one tool that works with ALL firmwares!
derFrickler

Latest Version: Compilation Problems on Linux

Post by derFrickler »

Since some days i am unable to build companion9x under Kubuntu Linux 12.04. It worked some weeks ago, but with the latest SVN checkout it always fails with the following errors:

Code: Select all

Linking CXX executable companion9x
CMakeFiles/companion9x.dir/open9xarmimport.cpp.o: In function `Open9xARM::evalFunctions()':
open9xarmimport.cpp:(.text+0x4663): undefined reference to `Open9xARM::logDelay'
CMakeFiles/companion9x.dir/open9xarmimport.cpp.o: In function `Open9xARM::perMain()':
open9xarmimport.cpp:(.text+0x5686): undefined reference to `Open9xARM::writeLogs()'
collect2: ld gab 1 als Ende-Status zurück
make[2]: *** [companion9x] Fehler 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/companion9x.dir/all] Fehler 2
make: *** [all] Fehler 2
Is there a wayy to build it without that Open9xARM stuff, as i don't need that anyway.

Thanks
Johannes

Romolo
9x Developer

Re: Latest Version: Compilation Problems on Linux

Post by Romolo »

Fixed in SVN
derFrickler

Post by derFrickler »

Thanks, that was fast! works fine again!
Romolo
9x Developer

Post by Romolo »

The fact is that c9x get external svn for open9x, very often we (mainly Bertrand) first implement stuff in open9x and then as soon we get a stable open9x implementation we commit required changes in c9x too. So it may happens that sometime things get misaligned for a while.
Sorry.
SR71

Post by SR71 »

Romolo wrote:The fact is that c9x get external svn for open9x, very often we (mainly Bertrand) first implement stuff in open9x and then as soon we get a stable open9x implementation we commit required changes in c9x too. So it may happens that sometime things get misaligned for a while.
Sorry.
Romolo,

during holidays I was thinking even about that minor issue (see the RB forum for the other thoughts :-) ).
If I can give a suggestion, I would use the tags directory in order to release 'stable' versions: so companion could use only a small set of firmware releases.
BTW in case of 'remote copy' that feature is not even using additional space on repo.

*am*

Return to “companion9x”