Companion

Not sure what firmware to use? Making a new firmware? Ask in here!
skatun

Companion

Post by skatun »

I have a turnigy transmitter with an f3sky dht transmitter module. I downloaded the last .hex from eepe and flashed the firmware of the transmitter.

However my servos keeps stopping at all times for a short period of time? I am using the ppm protocol, is this wrong and do I need to change the default setting?

I downloaded companion, and i modified some of the mixers, they all work fine in the simulator, however when i write to th eeprom the screen just go blank. It beeps two times when i press the buttons but thats it. Then when i reflash the firmware it says bad eeprom data. Howcome?

bertrand35
9x Developer

Re: Companion

Post by bertrand35 »

Did you select er9x in the Preferences of companion9x? Also did you try with open9x?

Bertrand.
skatun

Post by skatun »

Thx
No my screen is not blank anymore, however the 4 flightphases i programmed in companion does not work.

I am using KST servos and these servos does still jitter, cheap hobbyking servos works fine, how come?

Kim
Romolo
9x Developer

Post by Romolo »

You are using an open9x programming with er9x firmware ?
If you want flight phases you need open9x firmware as well.
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

skatun wrote: I am using KST servos and these servos does still jitter, cheap hobbyking servos works fine, how come?
Not sure that is anything to do with the firmware...

Maybe a rx power supply issue?
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!

skatun

Post by skatun »

Update, I have now been flying the glider successfully! The issue was the esc didnt deliver enough juice, changed to an external power supply with 3A continuous and that helped.

To be able to program it I downloaded another hex file and that did the trick.

Now there is only 2 more question to be settled:
1: Ail and Throttle switch is always on no matter what position they are in.
2: I have the FrSky DHT-U Telemetry System, do I need a level converter to get the telemtry connected to the turnigy?
3: Is it possible to change the sticks to get switches on the sticks for selecting flight phases?

Merry xmas
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

DHT-U (the one with the screen) can't be connected to the radio for on-screen telemetry. You should use the standard firmware (not frsky version), this will get your switches right again.

I don't get what you mean with the stick, but you can program flight phases to activate depending on stick position using custom switches.
skatun

Post by skatun »

with stick I mean https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/imag ... 0HkV5R5T3U

Can't i solder tx,rx,gnd from the dtu to the maiin board? To get the telemetry on the screen?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Aah, understood for the sticks. No idea if there are any mechanically compatible ones that fit. Electrically you could simply wire it in place of one of the existing switches.

The problem with the DHT-U is that it doesn't put out the data on the TX/RX pins like the others. The serial port is only used for fimware upgrade.

Return to “other”