Custom Spray

Where to find parts? Refactoring your entire transmitter, new cases? Sticks etc..
Daryoon

Re: Custom Spray

Post by Daryoon »

@thomas9x
That's not correct. If you open the EPS into Photoshop, you should have gotten a dialogue prompt. From there, just change the 72 to 300dpi or whatever you want. And you should get a nice size, printable file.

Give it another shot.

@nsf
Thanks for doing this. It's definitely a project that was on the back burner for me. And now, I don't have to do all the work. :)

Daryoon

Post by Daryoon »

BTW, the only thing I can critique about the file is four of the labels are in CMYK black and the other three labels are in RGB black.

It will cause inkjet printers to print the black a little different.

Thanks again.
thomas9x

Post by thomas9x »

@thomas9x
That's not correct. If you open the EPS into Photoshop, you should have gotten a dialogue prompt. From there, just change the 72 to 300dpi or whatever you want. And you should get a nice size, printable file.
Ahh, that's how it is suppose to work. Photoshop's prompt defaulted to 72dpi and I was too dim to know I could increase it. Thanks to your tip it works like a charm and I have very high-res images now.

- Thomas
nsf

Post by nsf »

Daryoon wrote:BTW, the only thing I can critique about the file is four of the labels are in CMYK black and the other three labels are in RGB black.

It will cause inkjet printers to print the black a little different.

Thanks again.
Thanks Daryoon, don't know what happened, but missed that.
Uploaded new files in rgb mode. I think they are all the same now.
zuadha

Post by zuadha »

nice one nfs !!! btw can u make sticker template for casing ring around the gimbal? it would be nice :D

nsf

Post by nsf »

kaos wrote:Nice labels.
How durable those labels and the glue on the back are? I always have a problem withe the label right above the sticks, because that is where I finger holding the Tx rest. the stock protective film just wrinkles up then the printing get messed up after a while.
I added a transparent vinyl over the printed one to give extra protection to the printing, so I think there should be no problem with that.
nsf

Post by nsf »

zuadha wrote:nice one nfs !!! btw can u make sticker template for casing ring around the gimbal? it would be nice :D
I could try, but can you elaborate more. Don't understand what you mean by "around the gimbal". You want a sticker for the casing around the gimbal or one for the gimbal itself.
zuadha

Post by zuadha »

nsf wrote:
zuadha wrote:nice one nfs !!! btw can u make sticker template for casing ring around the gimbal? it would be nice :D
I could try, but can you elaborate more. Don't understand what you mean by "around the gimbal". You want a sticker for the casing around the gimbal or one for the gimbal itself.
sorry for my english (i'm not native btw).. what i mean is sticker for the casing around the gimbal, that its like a ring shape, but not perfect ring because the button in the bottom and the side near transmitter strap holder..

i hope u understand what i mean :)

BTW the LCD sticker that you give its perfect square, on the "menu" and "exit" label, meanwhile that the one that you use its like the old one have a shape more out on the right side, and does'nt have circle shape too at the left side :?: (i download an AI files)
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

Zuadha,
The square shape of the screen label allows it to be applied to the screen and then trimmed to be an exact match with the edges. It's easiest to remove the screen to do this, and replace it after.
Flaps 30

Post by Flaps 30 »

There is a small groove between the screen and the case, that can be used as a guide for a very sharp (new) scalpel blade. No need to dismantle the TX to do this. I have fitted a protective film over my screen that has been replaced a couple times this way. The film I have used is the stuff that is used to cover sheets of paper. Most supermarkets over here have it. I bought a roll of it from ASDA.
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

I bought some of the adhesive vinyl and waterproof over-laminate to try my hand at making better labels. This stuff makes great stickers for airplanes - really sweet .... at least for electric. Attached is my attempt to make a new screen for my wife's Tx. I cut the screen from a CD case (using laser cutter). My eyesight is not very good so my cutting leaves alot to be desired, but attached is my result. BTW: I also have tremor in my hands -- which is why I enjoy hotliners so much - everybody watches when I fly. :twisted:
photo.JPG
nsf

Post by nsf »

Scott, can't you cut the vinyl label in the laser cutter?
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

nsf wrote:Scott, can't you cut the vinyl label in the laser cutter?
Probably can and am going to try. Getting the registration exactly right will be the challenge, but after I looked at what my best cutting got me today .. I'm thinking about giving it a go. I'll practice with paper targets first.

BTW: the CD case screen covers are a tiny bit thicker than I'd like -- but they are cheap enough. I've got boxes of them brand new and not likely to be used otherwise.
nsf

Post by nsf »

I'm thinking in buying this with 1 mm thick. I have to cut it then (don't know where yet), if I need to replace mine.
When I was doing mine I measured it with a digital caliper and the original lcd cover was 1.2 or 1.3 mm thick.
cre8tiveleo

Post by cre8tiveleo »

You can cut the 1mm on a vinyl cutter (at least on mine) , you can also then use the cutter to engrave the plexi, place smd leds along the side, and, voila, some kick ass glowing fonts/logos on your lcd. :)
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

O gawd leo -- you are the Devil. I just left the cutting lab content that I could get perfect registration for cutting the labels, and now I'm tasked with yet another idea I find absolutely exciting!!!.
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

nsf wrote:What do you guys think :mrgreen: ?
NSF -- could you please upload those images to this site. I went to look at them again for reference and they are GONE! ACK! I need some inspiration.
nsf

Post by nsf »

Gone??? I can see them here: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=8&start=30#p34621 and in your reply.
What exactly do you need? Do you want a larger image? Some detail in particular? If you need anything just ask.

Had to open the radio to do a full erase (see here). Since it's open, I think I'm going to take some pictures of the inside. I had some problems with the navigation buttons because I wanted to reverse the + and -, as suggested here by erazz. On the assembling I kept having problems with the up button, always getting stuck. My solution was cutting off all the buttons of the plastic frame, apply a dab of glue and place them directly on the switches in the board.
I was a little sceptical about this, but it surprised me. Pushing the buttons feels completly different now comparing to the stock 9x I have. They are more smooth and responsive and less noisy.
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

O -- I wonder if the filters @ work are scrubbing them. I'll check from home. Thanks.
formontoya

Post by formontoya »

I'm doing a spray on mine and made it back home from the graphics shop and looked at them against the origional. The pit trim / aux 2 pot 0/+/- is mirrored:-(. Can it be fixed for the next guy?

Although 1 sticker has a minor error, the set looks totally awesome. Can't wait to get the Tx started...thanks NSF.
Attachments
PICT0007.JPG
PICT0004.JPG
Sky9x labels-2.jpg
Jim

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex...It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
- Albert Einstein
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

Not actually an error.

At some point flysky started sending the radio out with different stickers. So pot luck which sticker type you get!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
formontoya

Post by formontoya »

It's actually a Turnigy radio, so it's probably more likely that it's a misprint. I never looked around at other Txs on the net, just looked at mine...so I guess now my Tx will be correct after the stickers go on. Thanks for the clarification Rob.
Jim

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex...It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
- Albert Einstein
nsf

Post by nsf »

Maybe yours is the one thats mirrored :D ....just kidding
Have a turnigy 9x right here with me and it's exactly as the templates I posted.
Here it is:
formontoya

Post by formontoya »

nsf wrote:Maybe yours is the one thats mirrored :D ....just kidding
Yea, I got back home and looked at mine (the "wacky-doo" version) and just "assumed" it was someone elses mistake when it was actually my own...well at least my Tx.

sorry.

thanks again for the sticker templates.
Jim

- Albert Einstein
lardo5150

Post by lardo5150 »

nsf wrote:What do you guys think :mrgreen: ?
How did you get the white on the lettering like up, down, etc
formontoya

Post by formontoya »

I've made progress. Electronics disassembled/lables-lens removed/cleaned-prepped case/primed-painted base coat (it's red, really). I will aquire items to start test runs for a swirl paint next weekend...
Attachments
guts removed
guts removed
8 inserts around main board/6 inserts around case
8 inserts around main board/6 inserts around case
4 inserts for module board
4 inserts for module board
lens removed
lens removed
front case prepped for paint
front case prepped for paint
Jim

- Albert Einstein
formontoya

Post by formontoya »

cont...
Attachments
inside module area prep
inside module area prep
module-battery area prep
module-battery area prep
white primed
white primed
it's red, really
it's red, really
it's red, really
it's red, really
Jim

- Albert Einstein
formontoya

Post by formontoya »

lardo5150 wrote:
How did you get the white on the lettering like up, down, etc

I don't know how he did it...but in the past and how I will do mine (for resessed lettering) is with a toothpick.
Jim

- Albert Einstein
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

photo.JPG
I added the colored nuts to my "alien goo" transmitter after starting the work on "bloodshed". Unfortunately, learning to use the nut tool on bloodshed I broke a switch. Simply need to solder in a new switch, but holding pat because I'm considering changing all the switches for Futaba Switches after payday.
Keeping the nut on the tool is a challenge -- more of a challenge than I anticipated. Once I got the hang of it this is the procedure. You'll need to open the TX to do this in order to keep the switch in place and from turning. Check to see if the hole needs to be enlarged or if the bottom rim (for lack of a better word) of the nut will fit into the hole. I believe I had to enlarge AIL, 3-way, ELE, TNR, and THR. Just use a sharp reamer. Then put the nut on the tool. I held the nut with a thin strip of fabric tape. I used gaffer tape, but I think thin strip of duct tape would work as well. Once the nut is screwed in place I think it will likely be more secure than the stock nuts -- which tend to come loose on me from time to time. I say this because they have a lower rim that fits into the Tx and have considerably more thread engaged. The thing about these nuts is that they match so well, they are not really noticeable. Hard to call it bling if it blends in. :geek:
formontoya

Post by formontoya »

Where did you get the colored nuts at? And the tool for the nuts?
Jim

- Albert Einstein

Return to “Hardware Mods”