Taranis 6 position switch

Where to find parts? Refactoring your entire transmitter, new cases? Sticks etc..
mpjf01

Taranis 6 position switch

Post by mpjf01 »

Can the recently released Taranis 6 position switch be used in place of a 9X pot? I don't mean mechanically, I know it will fit in there, but I was wondering whether or not it is "electrically" compatible? Thanks.

Kilrah

Re: Taranis 6 position switch

Post by Kilrah »

Yep it will, it's just an analog signal just like with pots.

The 9x doesn't have the code to calibrate/equalise steps/provide the virtual switches though.
msev

Post by msev »

Kilrah does that mean it can't be used as aux-switch for switching flight modes?
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

No, it means you have to configure several custom switches to decode the positions.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
msev

Post by msev »

Thanks! If using a flight controlled which reads the ppm stream, that above wouldn't be needed right?

acsrandd

Post by acsrandd »

Although this is an old subject area I do have a question.

I had installed the 6 position rotary switch (FW v2.0.20) and it seemed to work fine for a few months. Then I noticed I was getting erratic entries when I was attempting to make a change to one of the 6posw settings. I thought it was a defective 6 pos sw. so I replaced it with a new 6 pos sw. No change, seems to be some interference with S2!? I found one utube vid. of this issue i.e. S2 interference but it does not seem to be a mainstream problem. So I disabled S3 in the radio setup/cal. and S2 worked fine. I have now upgraded to FW v2.1.9 and retried, S3 will function (when defined) but S2 does no longer functions. Anyone else seen this kind of problem?

Return to “Hardware Mods”