Antenna plug...

Where to find parts? Refactoring your entire transmitter, new cases? Sticks etc..
cre8tiveleo

Antenna plug...

Post by cre8tiveleo »

My new Antenna plug!

Might try a smaller prop, nice on a hot day, keeps the hands cooler. The lift makes the transmitter seems much lighter too...

kaos

Re: Antenna plug...

Post by kaos »

Looks good. Is that from the left over of the crashed quadcopter? :mrgreen:
attach a pot/encoder under it that would be a good knob to use too. :D
cre8tiveleo

Post by cre8tiveleo »

There is already a rotary encoder under it. Spin the prop, selects a position.. fun fun... no the wind doesn't affect it at all. Still might put a smaller prop, coloured...
Not from a crashed quad, from the parts I have left over from building my last quad. 8-) 8-)
gohsthb

Post by gohsthb »

That might be really good for those hot days with no wind. Just turn that on and it keeps you cool. Maybe you can control the on/off from the menus.

-Gohst

hmmm - or get one of those Pipo boards from Erazz . . . and no more need to hold up the transmitter! You can just have it hover in front of you!
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Speaking of antennas.
since the end/tip of the antenna is the dead area of the donut hole in radiation pattern i have always flown with the antenna at a right angle, left or right so the tip never points at the plane.
Many argue that we all know antennas are always straight out or up and, just look around, everyone does it that way.
I say left or right is the best way to never point the dead tip donut hole at the plane.
This should get some discussion going for sure. I'm talking about flying 1000 ft or less as in sport flying. The spektrum owners insist that if they don't point the antenna up they have issues. Maybe with spektrum but for me Frsky has been solid left or right angle.
SM

gohsthb

Post by gohsthb »

With Frsky telemetry you can see the difference. Stand a good distance from your aircraft and orient the antenna so it is perpendicular to the model. Note the rssi numbers. Then without moving around point the antenna at the model. The rssi numbers will now be lower.
-Gohst
ShowMaster

Antenna plug...

Post by ShowMaster »

Thank you.
I'll use that demo next time I'm outnumbered by the Spektrum owners ha ha.
They have to land and hook up some little box to the rx to read the levels. Kind of late I'm thinking.

ShowMaster
Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Return to “Hardware Mods”