haptic feedback hardware controlled ??

General mods that are considered worth doing; regardless of the end firmware you use.
b52productions

haptic feedback hardware controlled ??

Post by b52productions »

instead of this:

is it not possible to simply replace the voltage regulator cj78l05 with a higher current and or voltage regulator ??

i want to use a motor from a rumble pack xbox controller which is around 5v-10v.. the problem would be current.
could i not simply replace the buzzer with the motor and directional diode.

the original regulator is limited to 5v and 100ma but replacing with a larger one shouldn't cause problems since its only function is for the buzzer as far as i can tell.. i just dont want to solder to cpu for control.

and would the npn transistor be effected since its rated at 700 ma and up to 20v ?

thanks

Kilrah

Re: haptic feedback hardware controlled ??

Post by Kilrah »

You say 5-10V... That's kind of a large range! If it's 5v you could probably directly connect it in place of the buzzer, if it's 10V then you could use the unregulated battery voltage...
So the first thing is to check what voltage and current that motor needs. The rest will depend on that. Just measure on the xbox controller it's installed in.

Sent via mobile
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

You really dont need a motor that large. Just a little vibration motor is more than powerfull enough to be noticed.
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
b52productions

Post by b52productions »

if i was to run it off the batt v+ then could i ground it to the same pad as the buzzer since its only closed by the transistor.. thus eliminating a regulator all together.. ive tested the motor i chosen and anywhere from 5-10v is fine so batt + would be perfect... of course a diode would be needed and maybe a variable resistor for current restrictions... i simply dont want to solder to cpu for signal and the chosen motor is a nice fit :)
jbeebo

Post by jbeebo »

Please check this thread. Although it started life as a speaker mod discussion it quickly evolved into a discussion about how to implement haptic without doing a speaker mod. A hexbug nano motor seems to do the trick and there are multiply equally valid ways to implement the drive circuit. Indeed you can increase the voltage regulator power output, as I have done.

Gambatte Kudasai!

b52productions

Post by b52productions »

thanks nice thread.. i got a pager motor to work with a 1k pot at about 100 ohm thus giving around 50 ma.. but it is a little weak will dig into your link :)
b52productions

Post by b52productions »

going to leave it as is for now.. keep it simple :)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

That's pretty close to the DX8 install.
One motor against the case top next to the LCD display.
SM

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk.
Please add a location to your profile. Thank You

Return to “Electronic Mods”