AC kill timer circuit wanted

General mods that are considered worth doing; regardless of the end firmware you use.
ShowMaster

Re: AC kill timer circuit wanted

Post by ShowMaster »

I have all the parts but got way behind on projects.
I will finish it and post the outcome!
I don't want all the help offered to think I gave up.
Thank you again

gohsthb

Post by gohsthb »

I knew you didn't give up. You are just spending too much time fixing others radios and flying. Really I think that is how it should be! :)
-Gohst
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

gohsthb wrote:I knew you didn't give up. You are just spending too much time fixing others radios and flying. Really I think that is how it should be! :)
-Gohst
wow, I just looked over my shoulder to see if you were in the room. You're 100% on. Living 1 mile from a model field and being member of a large rc club and having technical skills can keep one from focusing on other projects. Add helping when you can forum members sure eats up spare time. I'm sure the er9x project designers are well aware of that. I do how ever enjoy doing what I can for fellow flyers so it's all good.
This AC switch project may require bad WX to give me more bench time. I always fly what I repair or build before I return it so that keeps me busy.
Of course like all of us, family and work can limit "lab time" some weeks.
I have to admit I've enjoyed RC more this year helping others as a flight instructor as well as bringing their equipment back to life. Great news is I haven't so far had any negative outcomes so I'm still having fun.
If you want some fun, setup a soldering iron on a field bench and see how many visit you.
I carry an inverter, soldering station, and an array of deans and servo plugs and crimper some days. I also carry a good DVM and some tools.
I've added programmers to 9X's and loaded er9x and then we fly it. It's rewarding to involve the flyer in doing his own mod and then we fly it. The happy face is worth it.

ShowMaster
Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
gohsthb

Post by gohsthb »

I'm 2000 miles away, I have good eyes! :shock:

-Gohst
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Speaking of good eye's...
My cable Internet provider has been installing wifi hotspots all around my local field but just out of normal range. I'm adding to the list of future projects adding a high gain antenna to USB wifi adapter to see if I can get into the system free with my account.
If so I plan to surprise the club with some live coverage of a big contest.
I have a mini ATX dual core computer left over from a defunct project that runs on 18 v but an inverter or add on 12v pc card is also an option. We have plenty of solar and battery power reserve.
I have cameras from early rc video projects.
Another "round to it" project for bad WX that won't happen in LA until our so called winter.

ShowMaster
Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

This project is still on the list but I did find this for $22 at a local store. All it needs is an alarm and it would so the job. I have the parts to build one so I will but this is a way for others to safely power their benches ASAP.
My wife looks it a lot especially after we get on the road and she asks me if I turned off all the garage bench power and soldering iron.
We don't have to turn around and go back any more to check.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361981850.208915.jpg

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk.
gohsthb

Post by gohsthb »

What store did you find that at? Please read the specs for me, can it handle a bathroom exhaust fan? I have a similar timer, but it's shortest period is 1 hour.
Thanks,
-Gohst

Edit: should have asked Google first!
http://www.homedepot.com/buy/ge-in-wall ... S5RHOkVj3A
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Lowe's store in Los Angles Ca

0-60 min
http://m.lowes.com/product?langId=-1&st ... iew=detail

This one is what I posted a pix of from Home Depot La

http://m.homedepot.com/p/GE-In-Wall-Dig ... 202788262/