How to Install TelemetrEZ with D.I.Y. FrSky Module?

All mods related to the frsky telemetry series of the firmware
currdog

How to Install TelemetrEZ with D.I.Y. FrSky Module?

Post by currdog »

Hi Guys,

I'm New to 9x, FrSky, Telemetry AND to the forum and just setting up my 9x with the Smartieparts hardware in preparation for the Er9x firmware update.

Question #1,

I had already installed the FrSky DHT (DIY) internal module inside my 9x before purchasing the smartieparts programmer and telemetrEZ boards
so now I'm stuck trying to figure out how to make the actual connection between telemetrEZ and the FrSky module.

The smartieparts site says only this if you have the FrSky DHT (DIY) module............

"If you have the DHT (D.I.Y.) version then you'll have to cut off the plug and make the "tx" and "rx" connections yourself, but then that's expected with D.I.Y."

I have yet to find any explanation as to where to solder the black and white wires from the cut off plug! HELP PLEASE

Question #2,

If I have the telemetrEZ module installed and I flash the 9x with the Er9x-FrSky firmware............will I still be able to use non-telemetry FrSky receivers without needing to make any alterations to hardware or firmware??

Thanks for any insights.

Currdog
Last edited by currdog on Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

currdog

Re: How to Install TelemetrEZ with D.I.Y. FrSky Module?

Post by currdog »

Ok

Sorry guys, I'm a bit of a noob on these matters. After doing much more searching with alternate wordings I found this picture (see attached) which shows where to plug in the TelemetrEZ board to the FrSky DHT module. I wish they would say just to plug the FARKING thing into the side of the module instead of saying the plug needed to be cut off and the wires separately soldered to some mysterious location!! That would have saved me a lot of time.

Still confused about the ability to use non-telemetry FrSky receivers if I flash the T9X with the ER9x+FrSky firmware. I am aware that the DHT module can switch between telemetry Rx's and non-telemetry Rx's, but I just want to make sure I'm making the right move with the ER9x+FrSky firmware.

Thanks
CurrDog
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

No problem using er9x-frsky with non-telemetry receivers, there just won't be any telemetry to display.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
currdog

Post by currdog »

Ok, thanks Mike.

I assumed that was the case but what happens when you assume.......

With my luck I'd get the magic smoke and fry all my electronics.

CurrDog

Return to “FRSky Telemetry Mods”