Horus X12S Firmware update

General Information & Rules
25wood25

Horus X12S Firmware update

Post by 25wood25 »

I have been using open TX since I bought this radio but decided to reinstall fros firmware so I could bring the FM module software up to date. I reinstalled fros FW 1.2.25 which was one of the first releases as I seemed to remember that firmware updates were best done incrementally because of changes in file types by FRSKY with later versions.Using Companion loaded EU_1225_frtx_dfu and flashed. Power and enter button went through all normal screens, All good FRos horus working. With the transmitter power ON connect to computer with USB lead large USB sign on tranny screen internal flash contents show up in windows explorer. Went to my download files from FRSKY and chose X12S_mode1_EU_1503_frtx.bin and COPIED this to the Horus internal Firmware folder. Took out the usb lead. Power and enter button on the radio ,normal screen update 'erasing' 'Flashing'. 'Flashing Successfull. Power off. When I power on again all normal screens and then power down. ALL AS NORMALLY EXPECTED but when I power on instead of the Horus logo I keep getting. HORUS SD_Status_MODEL_VERSION_EU. I have tried to copy the frtx .bin files to the internal SD card Firmware folder and updating with the same result. I have tried other FROS file update versions with the same result. Any suggestions appreciated.

Return to “General Information & Rules”