Trainer Switch Off Bias

How to use eePe
Flaps 30

Trainer Switch Off Bias

Post by Flaps 30 »

To put the 'insta trim' in a position that I could use it easily (mode 2) I moved the spring biased switch over to the left hand side (throttle) and assigned it to the trim. In doing this I moved the normal switch over to the trainer position. Having done all of this, it raised a little problem, in that the trainer switch on eePe happens to mimic the spring biased switch, rather than a standard switch that I now have.

I don't know what others may feel, but it would be great to have the trainer switch on eePe react like a normal switch.

erazz
9x Developer

Re: Trainer Switch Off Bias

Post by erazz »

The problem is that what you did is not very common.
While we definitely could make eePe behave like that and also give you a choice on how to set up the switches/sticks/pots. It'd be very hard to make it SIMPLE. I'll look it over but I don't think it's possible given that limit.
Z

BEWARE - WE ARE IN THE AIR!!!
What goes up... Should be controlled by a 9X!
SamoaFlyer

Post by SamoaFlyer »

I also exchanged those two switches for the same reason. To keep epee happy, just move the "hot" wire as well. The two ground wires are interchangable. Simple.

Bill
Flaps 30

Post by Flaps 30 »

Thanks Bill. :) I thought that it was just me that did such things. In my case I try to do things in a neat way when it comes to wiring. Hence why I didn't follow your example by moving the wires over.
pmackenzie

Post by pmackenzie »

FWIW, I also swapped the two switches, and moved the wires with them.
I figured it would be easier to keep the name "TRN" with the physical switch.

Did the same thing with the idle up switch and the Rudder D/R. The stock position of these is just wrong ;)

Pat MacKenzie

scroft13

Post by scroft13 »

Never thought of this, but sounds like a great idea. I agree that both switches would be better in those positions. Sounds like I have another rainy day project!

Return to “eePe”