About 9Xtreme

Toroddandre

About 9Xtreme

Post by Toroddandre »

Hello.

As mentioned erlier on this board I have had a lot of 9x's and done almost everything possibly wrong with them :) Including magic smoke and a chip replacement.. and also a chipupgrade to 128A :) Now i use the 9x with a 128A on it.

But now i find this marvelous 9extreme board and it's everything i ever wanted! :D
But i have a question, alltho i know it's not replaceing my motherboard, do the atmega64A chip need to be functioning to use 9extreme?
I ask because this way i can have both a stock 9x, a 9x with 128A and a 9xtreme 9x:)

Second question, what Telemetry do you guys reccomend? regardless of witch motherboard i use.. i was thinking of the DHT module from HK and i was wondering if you guys find it suitable for FPV drone flying and some planeflying?

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: About 9Xtreme

Post by MikeB »

Yes, the original processor needs to be functioning, the 9Xtreme uses it as a 'slave' to handle the display, buttons, pots and some switches.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
bob195558

Post by bob195558 »

I like and recommend the external FrSky XJT module with FrSky X-Series telemetry
and you can use it as a DJT module which uses D-Series sensors.
The DHT has some limitations and you can install the XJT internally with modifications.
See here for more info: (viewtopic.php?f=126&t=8226).
Also here is other 9Xtreme info: (viewtopic.php?f=95&t=7182).

Bob B.
Er9x on 9x radio, with Smartieparts Programmer and TelemetrEZ Board.
ErSky9x on Taranis, Sky9x, 9Xtreme radios.
3D-Printing: (https://openrcforums.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=129).
Toroddandre

Post by Toroddandre »

MikeB wrote:Yes, the original processor needs to be functioning, the 9Xtreme uses it as a 'slave' to handle the display, buttons, pots and some switches.

Mike.

Ok then.. it's back to plan B :) thanks for quick reply Mike
Toroddandre

Post by Toroddandre »

bob195558 wrote:I like and recommend the external FrSky XJT module with FrSky X-Series telemetry
and you can use it as a DJT module which uses D-Series sensors.
The DHT has some limitations and you can install the XJT internally with modifications.
See here for more info: (viewtopic.php?f=126&t=8226).
Also here is other 9Xtreme info: (viewtopic.php?f=95&t=7182).

Bob B.
Thanks alot for quick replies and good tips/link :)

Toroddandre

Post by Toroddandre »

Quite frankly I don't get this at all.. I'm all lost in all the short words.. XJT DHT DJT you name it.. but what I want i think is a XJT module.. but it's expensive.. and also i woul rather have it internally like the DHT module.. and i want the antenna to be stock as the 9X. no antenna in the back.. i find "DIY" RX but no TX like this.. am I missing somehting?

EDIT: Oh sorry, i followed the link now and see now how to get it internally...But still quite expencive

Return to “9Xtreme upgrade board”