Not in a safe throttle position...

dalaman

Not in a safe throttle position...

Post by dalaman »

How do I get rid of this voice message "throttle is not in a safe position"??? I did the radio calibration several times, made sure the trims were all neutral even the throttle trim all with the same result. Either I'm doing something wrong or there is another setting I don't know about, but she is pissing me off! HALP! :mrgreen:

s_mack

Re: Not in a safe throttle position...

Post by s_mack »

Is your throttle in a safe position?
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Have you got the Tx mode setting correct?
If throttle is on the left stick, then you should be in mode 2. A quick test is to pull the other stick right back, does that clear the throttle warning?

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
dalaman

Post by dalaman »

s_mack wrote:Is your throttle in a safe position?
It's all the way down in the off position. I turn on my radio an I'm greeted by "Throttle not in a safe position." Annoying.
dalaman

Post by dalaman »

MikeB wrote:Have you got the Tx mode setting correct?
If throttle is on the left stick, then you should be in mode 2. A quick test is to pull the other stick right back, does that clear the throttle warning?

Mike.
I'm in mode 2 throttle on left stick. It all works fine it's just that annoying message I get every time I turn on the tx.

jhsa

Post by jhsa »

go to the bars screen.. When you go full throttle, is the bar completely to the left or to the right?

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

A couple of things to try/check:
1. Go to the DIAGANA display. The Throttle stick is A2. Does this move between -100 and +100 as you move the throttle stick from end to end.
2. On the model setup, general, is "Thr. Default" set to End or Centre? (You want End).

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
OctavioS

Post by OctavioS »

dalaman wrote:... I did the radio calibration several times,...
I sugest that when you calibrate, dont force the sticks to their limits too much. Calibration should be a smooth and soft square movement.
2x - Turnigy 9X with 9xtreme board;
2x - Turnigy 9XRpro ;
Frsky Taranis & Taranis +;
Horus x10s;
Horus x12s;
Radiomaster TX16S Max mark II.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I'd suggest actually only moving the sticks vertically and horizontally.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

+1 on what Mike said..

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
OctavioS

Re: RE: Re: Not in a safe throttle position...

Post by OctavioS »

MikeB wrote:I'd suggest actually only moving the sticks vertically and horizontally.

Mike.
Always learning. The developer knows best. [emoji106]

Enviado do meu Galaxy S6 edge através de Tapatalk.
2x - Turnigy 9XRpro ;
Horus x10s;
Horus x12s;
dalaman

Post by dalaman »

jhsa wrote:go to the bars screen.. When you go full throttle, is the bar completely to the left or to the right?

João
The bars stop at 3 dots from either end. the
dalaman

Post by dalaman »

MikeB wrote:A couple of things to try/check:
1. Go to the DIAGANA display. The Throttle stick is A2. Does this move between -100 and +100 as you move the throttle stick from end to end.
2. On the model setup, general, is "Thr. Default" set to End or Centre? (You want End).

Mike.
It goes to 100% up and 95% down.

It is set to end
dalaman

Post by dalaman »

MikeB wrote:I'd suggest actually only moving the sticks vertically and horizontally.

Mike.
I just tried that and still get the same message when powering back up.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

dalaman wrote:
jhsa wrote:go to the bars screen.. When you go full throttle, is the bar completely to the left or to the right?

João
This is not the answer to what I asked ;) :)
I asked if when you advance the throttle to FULL THROTTLE the bar moved to the left or to the right?

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

You need the throttle (A2) value to go to -100, not -95. If you have calibrated the sticks, then my best guess is the pot on the throttle stick is bad.
Did you put the throttle stick in the centre, with the other sticks, during calibration?
What firmware did you have on the original main board?

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
dalaman

Post by dalaman »

jhsa wrote:
dalaman wrote:

João
This is not the answer to what I asked ;) :)
I asked if when you advance the throttle to FULL THROTTLE the bar moved to the left or to the right?

João
Sorry, it goes to the right at full throttle.
dalaman

Post by dalaman »

MikeB wrote:You need the throttle (A2) value to go to -100, not -95. If you have calibrated the sticks, then my best guess is the pot on the throttle stick is bad.
Did you put the throttle stick in the centre, with the other sticks, during calibration?
What firmware did you have on the original main board?

Mike.
I redone it again and the throttle goes from full @98% and no throttle at -98%. I redid the calibration once again and this time I set the throttle stick at the bottom instead of the center as I had previously done. The directions say to 'center' the sticks for the calibration and press 'menu' to either move on in the process or to end the process.This time I left the throttle stick in the 'off' position after calibrating and pressed the menu button to finish. It now works fine, no alarm when I turn on the radio! I guess I interpreted the instructions wrong but what the hell, it works. Thanks once again for all the help.

Denny
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

Something funny going on there. The throttle stick should be centered initially during calibration, press Menu, then move sticks and pots full range, then press Menu. Do nothing more. Just press Exit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
dalaman

Post by dalaman »

OctavioS wrote:
dalaman wrote:... I did the radio calibration several times,...
I sugest that when you calibrate, dont force the sticks to their limits too much. Calibration should be a smooth and soft square movement.
I did this just now and this time I also put the throttle stick at the lowest position instead of centering as I have done before. I then pressed the menu button to finalize the calibration. Turned off the radio, turned it back on and NOTHING! Silence! Beautiful. That's probably the way it's supposed to be done. :D DUH!!

Thank you all for the help. I'm a little slow... :mrgreen:
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

You DO want to center the stick for the first step or response will be wrong. What you do at the end after having moved the stick across its range doesn't matter.
OctavioS

Post by OctavioS »

Great.

Enviado do meu Galaxy S6 edge através de Tapatalk.
2x - Turnigy 9XRpro ;
Horus x10s;
Horus x12s;
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

The calibration stores the centre position, and the amount of stick movement either side. Putting the throttle stick at one end, and not the centre when requested, results in incorrect calibration.
I still think you have a problem with the throttle stick/pot.

If you have calibrated the stick, then find you only get to -95%, you have a, probably mechanical, problem.
Please try the calibration again. When moving the throttle stick from the centre, try moving it to full first, then down to idle.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
dalaman

Post by dalaman »

MikeB wrote:The calibration stores the centre position, and the amount of stick movement either side. Putting the throttle stick at one end, and not the centre when requested, results in incorrect calibration.
I still think you have a problem with the throttle stick/pot.

If you have calibrated the stick, then find you only get to -95%, you have a, probably mechanical, problem.
Please try the calibration again. When moving the throttle stick from the centre, try moving it to full first, then down to idle.

Mike.
Mike,
On the first step of stick calibration I DID center the throttle stick THEN on finishing the calibration I put the throttle stick at the bottom and pressed the menu button.

Denny
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

If, on the DIAGANA screen, A2 goes reliably from -100% to +100%, then you are OK.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
dalaman

Post by dalaman »

MikeB wrote:If, on the DIAGANA screen, A2 goes reliably from -100% to +100%, then you are OK.

Mike.
It goes from 98.7% to -98.7%. Is that close enough or do I need new gimbals/pots?

Denny
s_mack

Post by s_mack »

How is that possible? That's the whole point of calibration. If your pot goes from "97.5" then after calibration it should show 100% because that's YOUR specific 100%. As someone suggested above, perhaps you're forcing the stick down/up further during calibration then you are during normal operation? Maybe deliberately give yourself an outside deadband... during calibration, be conscious about your travel issue and deliberately stop short of going all the way down/up. Just a test you can be slightly obnoxious about it and go maybe 75% of the way. Do you STILL see < 100% in DIAG?

Reading through your posts in this thread, you seem more concerned about alleviating the symptom (annoying warning) rather than the problem. If you really just want to get rid of the warning, you can do that by removing the alarm. In general settings in eepskye, uncheck "Throttle startup warning". But that just makes the annoyance go away... it changes nothing about the problem itself.
tedbmoss

Post by tedbmoss »

other problems I have found. Dirty pot; shows up on diag ana screen numbers bouncing a lot more than normally compared to other pots. loose pot on shaft in gimbals; starts out ok but settings keep changing usually in one direction. Last one can't happen on our Tx. because the pots are locked in place unless plastic is broken. Yep, I repaired one with broken plastic on the gimbal
OctavioS

Post by OctavioS »

dalaman wrote:
MikeB wrote:If, on the DIAGANA screen, A2 goes reliably from -100% to +100%, then you are OK.

Mike.
It goes from 98.7% to -98.7%. Is that close enough or do I need new gimbals/pots?

Denny
Perhaps you should consider replacing the stock gimbals with the taranis ones. It will make your tx far better at a minor cost. And will definetly will solve your problem.
2x - Turnigy 9XRpro ;
Horus x10s;
Horus x12s;

Return to “9Xtreme upgrade board”