SD card not recognized

rwsams

SD card not recognized

Post by rwsams »

Hi,
I'm sure this has been answered, but I can't find it.

Everything works fine after my 9Xtreme installation, except that the SD card is not recognized.

When I use the Bootloader and plug in the USB, the radio is recognized immediately on my PC and opens as drive L. However, the SD card never comes up on the PC and the radio doesn't see the voice folder I copied over from my PC directly to the microSD card.

The bootloader opens fine, saying V1.7 ready, No Firmware.

The card is 16GB and I've formatted it a couple of times.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Is there an SD card image with all the files somewhere?

Thanks very much,

Bob Sams
Corvallis, OR

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: SD card not recognized

Post by MikeB »

From the main screen press UP long, then ress RIGHT until you get to the SD STAT screen. Does this show "Ready" or "NOT Ready"?

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
rwsams

Re: SD card not recognized - Solved

Post by rwsams »

Hi, Mike,
Thanks very much for all you do around here.
I removed the card and used my PC to add the Firmware, voice, and docs folders with the appropriate contents. It now shows up right away after I start the bootloader and plug in to the PC.

Yes, the screen shows "ready" now. Does it make sense that it would only show up after I put some files on it?

Now, to start making some models!

Thanks,

Bob Sams
Corvallis, OR
barryw

Post by barryw »

Hi Mike, I'm having the same 9xtreme "SD card not ready" as reported by statistics menu 7 of 9 on my Turnigy 9x radio with the latest 9xtreme board mounted and working. I can communicate with the board from my win10 computer using USB port. I've FAT32 formatted and loaded voice files onto two sd cards - one a 4GB and the other an 8GB using my WIN 10 PC then tried both in the new 9xtreme board. IN both cases I see that the TX reports that the card is not ready. What am I missing?? Thx, Barry
barryw

Post by barryw »

I found the problem! After communicating with Steve Morehouse at SmartieParts he suggested several things. All but one I had already eliminated. The last was a board defect.
I looked at the SD card holder with my microscope and discovered 4 pins that weren't soldered properly. Since I spent 38 years in a previous life as an HP microelectronics engineer I went in and soldered the loose pins. SUCCESS! NOTE!! I DO NOT RECOMMEND A CASUAL HOBBYIST TO TRY TO MICROSOLDER! Send the board back to Steve if you have this problem. Thanks Mike to you and yours for this helpful forum.

s_mack

Post by s_mack »

Sorry about that. Thanks for ruling out the other potential problems and good job on resolving the defect yourself! I too do not recommend attempting that kind of a self-repair unless you have the equipment and skills to tackle it, which obviously you did. A defect is something I replace under warranty with as little hassle as I can, as I always stand by my products. But a self-repair, if it isn't discussed with me prior, would be considered damage if it went wrong. That gets a little less clear cut.

I really glad it worked out.

Return to “9Xtreme upgrade board”