Welcome!

quadraf

Re: Welcome!

Post by quadraf »

bob195558 wrote:Here is a picture of how it looks.
DJT Telemetry Wiring.jpg
I use a 5 pin plug connector and the top pin hole I plug-up so the plug can only be plugged in one way.

Bob B.
This picture is confusing for the people who have the supplied cable for the 9Extreme board because for them the colors should be reversed (white-RX, black TX).
I know this because now my RSSI levels are shown... :D

Greetings Hans

bob195558

Post by bob195558 »

quadraf wrote:
bob195558 wrote:Here is a picture of how it looks.
The attachment DJT Telemetry Wiring.jpg is no longer available
I use a 5 pin plug connector and the top pin hole I plug-up so the plug can only be plugged in one way.
Bob B.
This picture is confusing for the people who have the supplied cable for the 9Extreme board because for them the colors should be reversed (white-RX, black TX).
I know this because now my RSSI levels are shown... :D
Greetings Hans
Hi Hans,
Do you think Steven at Smartieparts has change the wire colors from his 9x TelemetrEZ Board ?
This is where I am getting my info: (http://www.smartieparts.com/shop/index. ... cts_id=337).
tEZ_connect6.jpg
For the DJT Module White wire goes to Txd
and the Black wire goes to Rxd (viewtopic.php?f=126&t=7692&start=30#p103083).
The labeling on the DJT module may not be lining up with the pins correctly in the photo.
I have not had time to verify the 9Xtreme telemetry wiring yet, will try some time next week to check it out.
9Xt FrSky Telemetry Plug.jpg
9Xt FrSky Telemetry Plug.jpg (147.88 KiB) Viewed 15792 times
Bob B.
Last edited by bob195558 on Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Er9x on 9x radio, with Smartieparts Programmer and TelemetrEZ Board.
ErSky9x on Taranis, Sky9x, 9Xtreme radios.
3D-Printing: (https://openrcforums.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=129).
s_mack

Post by s_mack »

bob195558 wrote:Do you think Steven at Smartieparts has change the wire colors from his 9x TelemetrEZ Board ?
It would have been smart not to have, huh? And I actually meant to keep them consistent but it appears I got myself confused with the ever-present frustration when it comes to labelling serial communication. Take that TelemetrEZ board where it is marked "Rx" for the black wire... well it is also marked "Rx" on the DJT. Both can't be the receiver, right? Well no, but my thinking was that I would label it so one could match up pin to pin. By convention, however, I should have marked it the other way around. If the black wire is hooked up to the DJT's "RX" then it should be on the TelemetrEZ's "TX". But then that's just as confusing (if not more so) for those that aren't aware of said convention. This time round I chose not to mark it at all on the board specifically to avoid that confusion (introducing even more... so yeah, wtg Steve) but I also ran myself around in circles.

Anyway, here is how it is in fact wired at the 9Xtreme's end:
frskyplug.jpg
The black wire is the signal FROM the FrSky Module TO the 9Xtreme while the white wire is the signal TO the FrSky Module FROM the 9Xtreme. Of course, that goes out the window with the XJT which uses only the black wire.
LTMNO

Post by LTMNO »

s_mack wrote:I dunno... in my head, I hear a dude's voice.

There's no download option, but go here enter "welcome to 9 extreme" and then choose "Rich 16k".

I lie, there's a better one! Go here and choose Peter, speed -1

That's how I imagine Mike B sounding :)

That's the dude!

ha..
Custom 9x with M64/Telemetry Mod
LTMNO

Post by LTMNO »

stewwy wrote:I play with sound a bit use to be an AV tech,

Just let me know how you want it said do you want it with the components separated as

"9" "XT" " reme" or fades together like "9" "X" "Treme"( with the emphasis on the T in Treme )

is there a vid anywhere with someone saying it how it should be said? cos I can match that in most voices

"welcome to 9 ex stream" seems to sound good to me..

bob195558

Post by bob195558 »

s_mack wrote:I should have marked it the other way around.
So for the 9Xtreme the telemetry wire colors are opposite to the way the TelemetrEZ board is. :o

Another surprise I did not think would have happened. ;)

So Steven, 9Xtreme Telemetry White wire goes to the DJT module, Rxd pin
and the Black wire goes to the DJT module, Txd pin ? :?:

So when using a XJT module in PPM / D8 / DipSW 1 ON and DipSW 2 OFF, the White wire goes to the XJT module, Rxd pin
and Black wire goes to the XJT module, Txd pin. With these setting the XJT module is changed into a DJT module.

Bob B.
s_mack

Post by s_mack »

bob195558 wrote: So for the 9Xtreme the telemetry wire colors are opposite to the way the TelemetrEZ board is. :o

Another surprise I did not think would have happened. ;)
Well, they are completely unrelated products afterall.
bob195558 wrote:So Steven, 9Xtreme Telemetry White wire goes to the DJT module, Rxd pin
and the Black wire goes to the DJT module, Txd pin ? :?:
whatever I said above :)

There's a black wire and a white wire... there is no assurance that any given one goes to anything specific, just as there's no assurance that a red wire on a battery is positive. Mistakes happen. Unlike a battery, however, there's no permanent consequence to getting it "wrong" here. It just won't work one way, but no damage occurs. Doesn't work... flip around, try again.
quadraf

Post by quadraf »

This is how it looks with the supplied cable:
Attachments
Connection.jpg
bob195558

Post by bob195558 »

Thank you for the photo Hans, it helps to to show the proper DJT module telemetry connections. :)
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

quadraf wrote:This is how it looks with the supplied cable:
The wires seem to be preventing the module from clicking in place. Not sure it is a good idea??

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Black wire goes to XJT SPort signal.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
LTMNO

Post by LTMNO »

Thats what i was using previously... thanks for the post... can't wait to get this going... just trying to print out a case/holder for the Speaker.
I will share when its completed. Just testing the prototype.

I will let you know in about 35min.
update: Well, it was not 100% and i had something come up last night... i will finish it today... printing another right now. ;-)

It became this...

Last edited by LTMNO on Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
s_mack

Post by s_mack »

Can't wait!
LTMNO

Post by LTMNO »

Speaker Mount for the 9X to be used with the 9Xtreme Speaker.

The trick is to drill some holes in your case to allow more sound to penetrate thru. It makes a huge difference.
Also, have some space between the speaker and the case allows the speaker to breathe better and send out a better sound.

Thingiverse Link

This link includes the Lid too if you want it.
Last edited by LTMNO on Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
s_mack

Post by s_mack »

I would love to produce and supply those with future batches! I don't know if that can be done economically.
LTMNO

Post by LTMNO »

s_mack wrote:I would love to produce and supply those with future batches! I don't know if that can be done economically.

Well its 8g of plastic by weight.
Depending on the way you print it could reflect that... also you mentioned injection moulding... Let me know what I need to provide you and I will do my best to do so.
Heck if I was playing around more with my CNC, I could mill the mould for you. ;-)

I updated the post and included a lid too now.
s_mack

Post by s_mack »

I honestly have no idea how economical it would be to 3D print 1000. I see 3D printing as something that's great for very small quantities. Injection molding, on the other hand, is fantastic for huge volumes. In between... like 1000... that's where things get dicey.

I had a simple mold done for a different project of 1000 once and it ended up costing about $6/pc. That was OK because it was for a $500 kit. But an extra $6 on this kit is a lot to add!

I haven't really done any plastics since 3D printing hit the scene in a big way, so maybe there are printing factories set up for this kind of in-between volume. I really have no idea.

But I think you've done a great job with it, in any case.
LTMNO

Post by LTMNO »

Thanks Steven,

Its funny, so there is a service out there called https://www.3dhubs.com/
You can find people half the time down your street with a 3d printer for hire..
This particular print locally in Canada ranges around $16.22 shipped to my home from the next town over.

Of course it took me this many attempts to get it right...

;-)

My point being... now that I own a printer.. I don't see how it can cost that much... but then again, it factors in the cost of owning a printer I guess. My printer cost me about $1100 to my door. I don't hire it out on this site. I have printed things for people before. Its just my time and a little for material.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

LTMNO wrote: My point being... now that I own a printer.. I don't see how it can cost that much..
Because you don't count your time.

Manipulating the printer, removing finished parts, cleaning them, starting the next one etc easily counts about 15mins per part.
s_mack

Post by s_mack »

A question from someone who's never used a 3D printer: when you say it took that many attempts to get it right... was that design issues, or printing issues? I mean if I bought a printer and used your file, would it be right the first time? Or it would also take me that many attempts to get it right?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

The file that is shared is just a 3D model of the shape, you still need to run it through a program (slicer) that translates that into actual physical operations appropriate for your machine, material characteristics and output quality wishes.
This can range anywhere from 2 clicks on a good quality commercial machine with high repeatability and good user-friendly software to a few rounds of tweaking various settings to get things right on something more DIY and generic software.

But usually even with DIY machines after a while you know what to expect and how to set it for a given task, in this case iterations are mostly design-related.
LTMNO

Post by LTMNO »

s_mack wrote:A question from someone who's never used a 3D printer: when you say it took that many attempts to get it right... was that design issues, or printing issues? I mean if I bought a printer and used your file, would it be right the first time? Or it would also take me that many attempts to get it right?

Yes absolutely... its all design time...
When I hit Print.. from the file prospective... Its works every time... Most of the time ;-)

Nah, as long as you have filament and the right heat, etc... it all works.

@Kilrah, yes of course....I am cheap... ;-)
s_mack

Post by s_mack »

I think its time I get one. If you were to buy one today, what would it be? I'm sure I can look up online reviews and such, of course.
LTMNO

Post by LTMNO »

s_mack wrote:I think its time I get one. If you were to buy one today, what would it be? I'm sure I can look up online reviews and such, of course.
https://craftunique.com/category/craftb ... 3d-printer

I bought it when it was Kickstarter type campaign... paid $600 USD and then by the time I got it to Canada add $120 and then the conversion to CAD.
Its at $999 now as it is Rev2. Solid Printer... no problems at all. Just plug it in and go.

s_mack

Post by s_mack »

Ooooh... my favourite colour too.
tedbmoss

Post by tedbmoss »

RE: losing D series support in Europe;
Lets get Frsky to add D series support back in. :ugeek:
tedbmoss

Post by tedbmoss »

So I got my Tx to work correctly and switched the models over from opentx to eskye. Now I'll try to put in a Three-way switch. My XJT works fine in D mode, but you have to throw number one switch. I would like to make it sw in the software automatically when you select a model. That will be controlled thru the sport. I am looking at the DIY multiprotocol.
Edit: When the XJT first came out I modified it like the DJT, now I will change it back.
Last edited by tedbmoss on Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

What protocol are you using?
For the XJT you should be using PXX. This allows you to select D16 (for X Rxs) and D8 (for D Rxs).
With the telemetry black wire connected to pin 5 of the module connector (bottom pin), the telemetry all works for both types as well.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
OctavioS

Post by OctavioS »

I dont know if anybody has spoken about this, but im not getting a splash screen with the 9xtreme mod.
thx.
VERS: V.2766-MIKE
DATE: 01.11.2015
TIME: 22:15:36
SVN: ersky9x-r218
MOD: 9XT
2x - Turnigy 9X with 9xtreme board;
2x - Turnigy 9XRpro ;
Frsky Taranis & Taranis +;
Horus x10s;
Horus x12s;
Radiomaster TX16S Max mark II.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Is it just the splash screen missing, or are the throttle warning and switch warning screens missing also?
Power on with the throttle not at idle and switches wrong to check.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer

Return to “9Xtreme upgrade board”