Latching/holding a value on a channel?

ersky9xr is the port of the er9x firmware to the 9XRPRO radio.
larsks

Latching/holding a value on a channel?

Post by larsks »

I would like to implement something sort of like a safety switch, but rather than placing a specific value on the channel I would like it, when activated, to hold the current value on the channel, ignoring further control changes. When deactivated, the current state of the controls would again be reflected on the channel.

I've been poking around the mixer and custom switch settings for a couple of days and I haven't been able to figure anything out yet. Is this possible with the current release?

Thanks!

Kilrah

Re: Latching/holding a value on a channel?

Post by Kilrah »

Just use a Replace mixer line with the channel it's on as source.
larsks

Post by larsks »

Can you elaborate on that? I don't think a channel can use *itself* as a source (I tried, and the behavior was...weird). There is the "THIS" source, but that didn't seem to have the desired effect, either. If you can provide more details I'll give it a shot.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Yes, a channel can be used as the source of a mix on which the channel is the output. You do need to make sure you set the MULTIPLEX option to REPLACE.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
larsks

Post by larsks »

I think my problem was that I had copied a mix and neglected to update the weight, which was set to -100%. Having a source of self and a weight of -100% caused rapid oscillating; correcting the weight made things work as described. Thanks for your help!

Return to “ersky9xr”