Turnigy 9xr Pro, XJT, X4R begginer questions

ersky9xr is the port of the er9x firmware to the 9XRPRO radio.
schliden

Re: Turnigy 9xr Pro, XJT, X4R begginer questions

Post by schliden »

Thanks Mike... Worked perfectly.

FWIW I had read about the required voltage divider adjustment, but for some reason, thought that I would/should at least see some value in RxV, that would indicate that the telemetry was was working before adding the voltage divider adjustment.

The fact is RxV showed 0v in the telemetry, but as soon as I added the adjustment it did indeed start working.

flybabo

Post by flybabo »

MikeB wrote:A 'good' value for the SWR is 0, so this is why you might think you are not seeing a reading.
You can try wrapping you hand around the module antenna to see if you can make the SWR read a value other than 0.
FYI: SWR (Standing Wave Ratio) couldn't be 0.
If there's no reflection from antenna (i.e. perfect impedance matching), SWR becomes 1.
Usually, SWR is larger than 1.
If firmware displays 0 as the perfect SWR, you should change it to 1 or use a different name other than 'SWR'.
crooked

Post by crooked »

Hey i hope it's the right thread, i have a 9xr pro with opentx, xjt and x4r-sb.

I get no input from the tx (i guess), but cleanflight get sbus input from the rx. Somebody an idea what i did wrong? Please help! :cry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbvNumImGxo

Kind regards, and thanks in advance!
Daedalus66

Turnigy 9xr Pro, XJT, X4R begginer questions

Post by Daedalus66 »

The problem with the video is that it never shows us what the transmitter is doing. The first place to go in any such situation is always to the graphic main screen of the transmitter (the one with the bars) and carefully check whether the transmitter is set up and functioning correctly by looking at how the bars respond to sticks and switches. The video even seems to have the transmitter turned off for the first few seconds, yet you are moving the sticks as though something should happen.

We need more information to understand the problem and whether it has anything to do with the transmitter or its setup or is at the receiver end.
crooked

Post by crooked »

I hope this one is better! I was a bit in a wrong category. The communication problem appeared under openTX: https://youtu.be/d-yOT6RpHp8

Now i have er9xr, the first 4 channels are reacting to the sticks. The rest doesn't under ppm :-/

crooked

Post by crooked »

Hey! I have a 9XR Pro, XJT, X4RSB and i get only the first four channels via sbus. The other 4 react to the receiver, but there is no input from the transmitter. Is there anything to setup? PXX makes no commands at all. Only PPM makes 4 channels (the sticks work)
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

What do you have set in the mixer, on the transmitter, for channels after channel 4?

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
crooked

Post by crooked »

Oops, nothing. I guess it should work out when i put some inputs here?
Sorry for that nooby posts :)
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

PXX should also work with an XJT. What firmware (and revision) are you using on the Tx?

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
crooked

Post by crooked »

V212 - i activated some channels! P1-3 and sGEA and STRN`and so on! whoohoo! thanks!
crooked

Post by crooked »

Next problem: the gimbals are acting crazy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjuwXyr1jQc
Almost lost my model. Fcking dangerous. Saw that a lot of people have the same problem with faulty/crappy gimbals.

Any ideas or solutions except the trashbin? :)
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

That's the calibration screen. Follow the instructions and don't use it for something else.

First set sticks to middle, then press Menu. Then move the sticks gently to extremes up, down, left, right. Order doesn't matter but you should NOT stir the sticks into the corners or press hard against the stops. Also rotate the pots full throw. Don't expect the dots on the screen to behave smoothly -- it's perfectly normal for them not to be linear during calibration.

When finished calibration, exit the Calibration screen and go to the Main Screen that shows the sticks. NOW you should see linear movement.

Lots of people don't have problems with gimbals. Some do but this is not the way to test.
BrainDead

Post by BrainDead »

I am having the same problem. im using a l9r connected to sbus and followed the same steps as the last guy but still no signal in raceflight. i have a naze32 rev5 in parallel mode to cleanflight and it gets signal. is there something i missed?
can someone please help

tornado fc
L9r
er9x - svn r 204
xjt
9xr-pro
Attachments
Tornado_V1p1_Pinout800x830.jpg
SANY0075.JPG
SANY0074.JPG
SANY0073.JPG
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

The Naze32 rev5 needs an external inverter on the SBUS signal.
BrainDead

Post by BrainDead »

yea sorry the question was for the tornado. i just added that the receiver was working on the naze in parallel.
is it because im using er9x from 2014?
BrainDead

Post by BrainDead »

To start i used my L9r rx with a naze in parallel with my 9xr-pro,xjt. 3 days ago i got my tornado and am trying to use sbus.
i saw the post where a guy had the same problem but with a different rx and he asked if i updated er9x.

after i updated the 9xr-pro i changed the protocol to pxx
ppm2 start chan follow
ppm2 channels 8ch
proto pxx
rxnum 1
type LRP
1st chan 1

after that i went through the binding process and now thr rx light is green but still no sbus connection shown in clean or raceflight. rx-serial is enabled in cli and in ports i have serial rx on UART2 im going crazy trying to get this sorted and can not find much information. please help
larsks

Post by larsks »

MikeB wrote:Since you have r217 installed, you have full support for the XJT module. The hardware supports the telemetry connection on the bottom pin of the module connector.
Mike,

Just stumbled across this via Google, and it has cleared up so much confusion. I was trying to figure out why I seemed to be getting telemetry even with the external cable unplugged, despite almost every document everywhere suggesting that this is required. Thanks!

When everything is working correctly, and the transmitter is bound to a receiver, should the value of TmOK be "1" or "2"? It is currently showing "1" on my 9xr pro w/ FrSky XJT module, bound to an X8R receiver.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

TmOK is 0 when there is NO telemetry being received, 1 when telemetry from the receiver only is being received and 2 when at least one sensor external to the receiver is functioning and sending data.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
Mike210

Post by Mike210 »

My Setup:

9xr Pro running ersky9x-r218
XJT module with both switches down and no external cable
X4RSB reciever with S-port connected to SP Racing F3 UART2
UART2 set to SmartPort in BetaFlight port settings

Protocol set to PXX and Type D16

Have tried multiple settings in the Telemetry screen but none seems to work.

Currently:

UsrProto set to FRSky
FrSky Com Port Set to 1

I believe this is everything I should need to do to get Telemetry working but am still getting nothing on the Custom screen. TmOK stays at 0. RSSI and TSSI give no reading either.

Would live some insight on this as I know Telemetry is possible and once I have it I can set some alarms based on FasV as well as RSSI.

Thanks.

Return to “ersky9xr”