9xr pro switches

ersky9xr is the port of the er9x firmware to the 9XRPRO radio.
Eddie

9xr pro switches

Post by Eddie »

This is a Noobie here.
I have my 9xr Pro on order so I will have the winter (hopefully) to experiment. I think the transmitter will satisfy my need out of the box, perhaps with replacing the pots with sliders on the sides.
There are three issues puzzling me, however.
The radio is marketed as 24 channels. I count a total of 16 analog and digital controls. On the circuit diagram I see provision for another three plus bluetooth (although I don't understand why you would use a short range technology for an aircraft) . How do I get to 24 inputs.
If I add a physical switch or encoder how do I know which channel it defaults to.
How is a rotary encoder used.
While I know what I2C is I cannot see how it can be used here.
Finally, and I know this makes five issues not three, if a bluetooth module could be programmed as a master would it be possible to send a packet of all the channel values with their IDs to a bluetooth slave. I am thinking of a robot with an on board arduino.
Thank you for reading this long winded post
Ed

Philipp

Re: 9xr pro switches

Post by Philipp »

You've run into the first rule of marketing for almost anything: Write the biggest number on the box that you can find somewhere in the specs!

I am not familiar with the 9XR, but in general radios offer a certain amount of channels that they are capable to transmit. That does not necessarily mean that you have the same amount of inputs available. You can however assign your inputs to multiple channels, in case of er9x or openTX in almost every possible variation and combination you could imagine.

In case of the 9XR Pro I believe that there is no actual RF module included, so the module decides what number of channels are actually available, not exceeding the limit of the radio or the software running on it. Please do your own research on this, since you know best what exactly you need.

Adding your own switches to the radio is not that easy since there is just a very limited amount of IO available on the processor, but I do not know much about this. It is certainly possible, you've chosen the right type of radio and most importantly the right community for this kind of mods :D

There is some work in progress regarding a bluetooth trainer functionality, where you would bind two radios with added bluetooth modules to each other so that you can use them in a student-trainer scenario. You could implement the trainer functionality on an Arduino with an HC-05 bluetooth module for your robot. Or if you are especially ambitious you could write your own robot protocol for openTX ;)
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Trainer capability over bluetooth in ersky9x (the same firmware that ships with the pro) is under development at the moment I believe.. But I'm not the right person to speak about it.. Maybe the developer himself can ;) :mrgreen:

We can currently connect to eepskye on the PC via blutooth and have it send the channels to the trainer port of the radio via bluetooth.. It is now possible to program your model from the computer via bluetooth and then just copy the model to the tx. It is also possible to connect to applications on an android phone and receive the frsky telemetry. Of course you need a frsky RF module and receiver..

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Regarding changing switches, have a look at this thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5468.

If you use a FrSky XJT module, this can transmit 16 channels. There is also an internal "PPM2" connector. This may be wired to a FrSky DHT (hack) module to give another 8 channels.

As said, the assignment of controls to channels is completely free. As an example, I have models with the aileron servos on separate channels, so I can program differential. This means I have TWO channels controlled by the aileron stick (1 input).
There are also situations where you might configure a channel with several inputs mixed together, then use this channel as the input to another channel.
It is also possible to "detach" one or more trims from the sticks, and use them as channel inputs.

The rotary encoder is mainly used to navigate through the menus, but may be used to control a channel if required.

I'm working, with other things, on configuring a bluetooth module to send the channel information, mainly as a wireless trainer option.

The 'PRO uses the I2C bus to read and write the real time clock and the volume control. There are some development in hand to add some more inputs and outputs by adding I2C controlled devices.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

Thank You gentlemen
Ed

Daedalus66

9xr pro switches

Post by Daedalus66 »

For details on how to set up more than 8 channels go to:
download/file.php?id=9390

In that same location you will find the full set of 9xr Pro manuals. Lots of winter reading!
viewtopic.php?f=123&t=5581

Return to “ersky9xr”