ersky9xr firmware

ersky9xr is the port of the er9x firmware to the 9XRPRO radio.
bbergovoy

ersky9xr firmware

Post by bbergovoy »

hello.

first off, I am very sure this has been asked, and answered dozens of times, and I have read... it is after 3am pst, and Im tired... I have read this before, and done this before, SUCCESSFULLY.. why tonight I am having a problem I am not sure.... but, I am frustrated and now will shout out and hope for the best...

I have the 9xr pro, (and the 9xr), but for now, will focus on the PRO model radio...

I cant get connected to eepe, or to change/update the firmware...currently FW is 2.02

I think the most current general releasae is 2.04???

I am also more insterested in backing up my models, and everything else, just in case...but again, cant connect...

the device driver shows GPS CAMERA com(x) (whatever comport I plug into, usually 3, or 6

where did GPS CAMERA come from? what and how do I get the correct device driver? I cant find that info anywhere?

I have also tried copying the firmware onto the SD card by way of the usb cable, after startin gup with the trim buttons pressed towards the center, but after I copy all the new files/folders, the radio still boots into 2.02

hmmm... what am I doing wrong.... thanks in advance for all help I get....

bill

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: ersky9xr firmware

Post by MikeB »

Have you read this manual?
download/file.php?id=8184

Hold the two horizontal trims towards the centre, switch on, THEN plug in the USB cable.
You should find two hard drives appear on the computer.
Now run eepskye (not eepe).

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Wimh

Post by Wimh »

I think he has done that(worked for me too now) but has not burned the new version or installed it with the bootloader, just copied it to the sd card...
Wim
Belgium
bbergovoy

Post by bbergovoy »

hello and thanks for the quick answer.. and yes, I read that manual, and almost every other manual... the manual you linked to mentioned eepskye towards the bottom and it says that I use eepskye TOO... so, I figured I could use eepsky OR eepskye but apparently, I can't???

and to really play with my head, i can not get eepskye... I don't see it anywhere?!?!?!?!?!?!!? i have seen the forums and seen the links and the pictures showing where to see the RAW file, and that I might have to dig a little into the subdirectory to find the the eepskye file, but, seriously... it isnt there.. I dont see EEPSKYE

am i that tired..

i kinda screwed up too...

i tried using compain9x interface as it advertises that it can be used for any firmware... and I was able to 'connect' to the 9xr pro radio and I could see my models and all that.. I then used the simulator and my models were 'intact'.. so I backed them up. and then tried to install my firmwares. i mean your firmware... but then I hit a snag... it over wrote the model settings...and I could not restore them...

so. now I am out 7 different model settings... crud!!!!

tomorrow, i mean today is going to be a crappy day.. I need to sleep but I am the type that won't sleep well. and will wake up andstruggle with theis until one of us surrenders... and it is usually my laptop or my radio against the wall...

Well, not anymore... but, I used to be that way.. now, it will be my head against the wall.. hehehehe

anyways. any help will be truly appreciated...

bill
bbergovoy

Post by bbergovoy »

Wimh wrote:I think he has done that(worked for me too now) but has not burned the new version or installed it with the bootloader, just copied it to the sd card...
and yes, I did do the hold the trim buttons down and boot the radio, and see the two drives on my folder list in windows explorer.. and then copied the firmware to the SD card...

I did get the radio to boot into the new firmware. but, it didnt work well.. the screen was all jumbled, and scrambled... and then I was able to 'reboot back into 2.02

but.... it was different.. not the same settings...and then I used companion9x and the results are in the other post...

jhsa

Post by jhsa »

bbergovoy wrote:
Wimh wrote:I think he has done that(worked for me too now) but has not burned the new version or installed it with the bootloader, just copied it to the sd card...
and yes, I did do the hold the trim buttons down and boot the radio, and see the two drives on my folder list in windows explorer.. and then copied the firmware to the SD card...
After copying the firmware to the SD Card you need to actually flash it.. After you copied it, disconnectr the USB cable and thern select the file you just put in there. then press menu long, and confirm with menu long again... the firmware will flash and you will see a little progress bar.. Did you do this?
I did get the radio to boot into the new firmware. but, it didnt work well.. the screen was all jumbled, and scrambled... and then I was able to 'reboot back into 2.02
How exactly did you do that??
but.... it was different.. not the same settings...and then I used companion9x and the results are in the other post...
Big mistake. you don't use companion with ersky9x ;) It reads your eeprom, yes, but only to convertt it to the other firmware's format You probably lost all your model settings..

I think you should get some good sleep. After a few hours your brain will be fresh and you will see things differently :)

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Yep. I think the first question to ask is "why actually want to update a working setup in the middle of the night"...
And the second is probably why upgrade a working setup without actually checking what's new and why you'd want to upgrade first ;)
bbergovoy

Post by bbergovoy »

i didnt start in the middle of the night.. I started right after lunch.. hehehe.. or should that be cry, cry, cry...

I did read up and my problem/issue that I was trying to remedy, address is that I am trying to use my frsky tx/rx for sbus connection with a naza lite....but for some reason, turnigy, 9x , etc didnt support d16 mode...not sure why/what,etc. but, I read that the latest firmware addresses that issue...but again, not sure as I am not the 'sharpest tack in the box' anymore... my adhd, or senior moments and the overload of information has all consipired against me.. and that isnt the first time, so i am learning my new limitations...

the other reason was, like I said above, that I wanted to backup my model/settings, but couldnt...unless I could connect to my laptop..

anyways, I am not sure why eepskye is not installed/setup similarly to regular eepe and or companionx or everything else... this seemed so basic, and simple per the way eepe is used/installed...

I did find eepskye near the root of my hard drive... and I did PIN it to the start menu/bar, and copied it to my desktop, (win8) but havent turned it on.. I got a late start, and just got back to the house, and am now checkin' the email and getting cool. the bus system sucks, and lugging around several heavy bags and a backpack while on crutches, (for not being able to walk right), isnt as much fun as crawling thru the myriad of manuals at 3AM.. hehehe, I mean wah/wah/wah
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Depending on when you last updated eepe, you should find a copy of eepskye.exe in the same directory as eepe.exe. Just create a shortcut to it on the desktop.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

bbergovoy wrote:I did read up and my problem/issue that I was trying to remedy, address is that I am trying to use my frsky tx/rx for sbus connection with a naza lite....but for some reason, turnigy, 9x , etc didnt support d16 mode...
Just for reference D16 mode is not needed to use the sbus output.

And D16 mode only works with the new XJT module, would be good to have which module and receiver you're wanting to use.
bbergovoy

Post by bbergovoy »

yes, it is the xjt module... and thats what support from frsky told me.. i.e that I didnt need the d16 mode... but, for some reason, I cant get it to work with the naza lite...

it does work with naza M v2. (without the d16 thing)...

Return to “ersky9xr”