Combining flight modes with auxiliary function switches

ersky9xr is the port of the er9x firmware to the 9XRPRO radio.
rsilk49

Combining flight modes with auxiliary function switches

Post by rsilk49 »

With Ardupilot, it is possible to configure auxiliary functions on any channel using RCx_OPTION. Typically these would be controlling landing gear, camera trigger, etc. But they can also be used to initiate a flight mode such as RTL, Auto, etc.
See: http://ardupilot.org/plane/docs/plane-a ... tions.html

I have defined 4 common flight modes on the radio using logical switches (L1-L4) derived from the 3pos & AIL switches on the 9XR Pro, but I want to use other dedicated switches to trigger Auto and RTL using e.g. ELE & GEA.

What is the recommended way to do this? Do I include these extra modes in CH5 or create new channels such as 7&8?
Ideally I would like to see the current mode name shown on the main page, but it looks like this only works for modes defined in the Modes page.
Also, if a mode is set by the auxilliary function, does it Replace the current mode? If the aux fn is then switched off, does the mode revert to the one in effect when the aux fn was triggered?
S500 + Pixhawk 1 clone + Mauch PM + C&T Telemetry adapter + 9XR-Pro (Taranis gimbals)/XJT/X8R

rsilk49

Re: Combining flight modes with auxiliary function switches

Post by rsilk49 »

More details are now available in Arduplane v4 docs.
Selecting a flight mode by RCn_OPTION and a switch, overrides the current mode. Switching off reverts to previous mode.
Any free channel can be used.
This is currently only available in Arduplane v4.0.
S500 + Pixhawk 1 clone + Mauch PM + C&T Telemetry adapter + 9XR-Pro (Taranis gimbals)/XJT/X8R

Return to “ersky9xr”