Frsky R9M

ersky9xr is the port of the er9x firmware to the 9XRPRO radio.
budavaril

Re: Frsky R9M

Post by budavaril »

Have to go to the Maintenance mode first.
There is a menu and "Update SPort" can flash the external module.
I made quickly a video about that:
https://youtu.be/S-qXZ7HcmxA

I had no module connected in the bay at the moment, but after "Flashing" and the progress bar appear on the screen have to give the power for the module (if powered separated) or switch off and on the transmitter (if the module connected and powered in the radio bay) Transmitter in this mode keep powered (the transmitter will stay on), the switch just cut the power from the module bay. For exit from this menu push long the "Exit" button, after the power switch affect the whole transmitter again.

EdwardMcRichy

Post by EdwardMcRichy »

MikeB wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:34 am The 9XR-PRO is able to update modules and receivers/SPort devices, from the SD card, using the module bay.
Be aware, for receivers/SPort devices, the pins are in the wrong order and you need to use a cable that swaps power and ground.
In any case, it is necessary to get to the "Finding Device" stage before power is supplied to the unit you wish to flash. For receivers/SPort devices, this is most easily achieved by connecting just ground and signal to the unit from the radio and supplying power via a separate supply you can switch on at the required time.
For a module, an easy way of switching the power is to switch on the radio (in maintenance mode for ersky9x), then plug in a 3.5mm jack plug into the trainer socket and switch the power switch off. This will keep the radio powered, but not the module. When you get to the "Finding Device" stage, just switch the power on to power the module.

Mike
this is interesting, I've always just left the module in and powered on in the 9xr pro and on my QX7, when flashing the module. I know this applies to flashing a receiver which I've done multiple times just never used the same steps on the module. It always gives me the message that flashing is completed, I wonder if that is just a false message then and the module just hasn't updated? Or is the module flashing and not applying power until the screen says finding device is just an unnecessary step.
When I'm not flying I'm dreaming of flying, when I'm not dreaming of flying.....I'm asleep
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

The QX7 switches power to the module at the correct time, it is only on the 'PRO you would need to use this method.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
EdwardMcRichy

Post by EdwardMcRichy »

MikeB wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:26 am The QX7 switches power to the module at the correct time, it is only on the 'PRO you would need to use this method.

Mike
Gotcha, thought I did this on my old 9xr pro but guess not.
When I'm not flying I'm dreaming of flying, when I'm not dreaming of flying.....I'm asleep
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

The 9XR-PRO can be made switch the module power as well. But you need to build some electronic circuit.. :)

João

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

drnayeem

Re: RE: Re: Frsky R9M

Post by drnayeem »

budavaril wrote:Have to go to the Maintenance mode first.
There is a menu and "Update SPort" can flash the external module.
I made quickly a video about that:
https://youtu.be/S-qXZ7HcmxA

I had no module connected in the bay at the moment, but after "Flashing" and the progress bar appear on the screen have to give the power for the module (if powered separated) or switch off and on the transmitter (if the module connected and powered in the radio bay) Transmitter in this mode keep powered (the transmitter will stay on), the switch just cut the power from the module bay. For exit from this menu push long the "Exit" button, after the power switch affect the whole transmitter again.
Thanks a ton

Sent from my motorola one power using Tapatalk

QuickFlash

Post by QuickFlash »

I'm having trouble flashing my r9m on a taranis xlite. The issue i'm running into is the xlite keeps telling me that I have an SD card error. I'm using a 64 gb sd card if that is a problem. I don't think that it should be a problem, but maybe i need to get a smaller sd card.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

64GB and larger comes formatted as EXFAT which the radio can't do anything with. So either reformat the card as FAT32 or use a smaller one.

Return to “ersky9xr”