New 9XR Pro Owner

Hardware Support for the 9XR Pro
pekwalker

New 9XR Pro Owner

Post by pekwalker »

Hello everyone. I just recently purchased my 9XR Pro from HobbyKing and want to set it up with a handful of quadcopters that I own. Personally, so far I find the radio a bit intimidating compared to the Spektrum DX7 I have been using. I do have a couple of questions if someone wouldn't mind giving me some help. First, I have seen some older videos on YouTube on how to upgrade the firmware for this radio, but I was wondering how or if, I could find out what firmware is currently installed on my radio, and if I would need to upgrade it? Second, I was wondering if there is anything I need to do special in order to setup a model for a quadcopter? Is there a written guide on how to set one up for quadcopters?

Many thanks for any and all help and information.

Peter

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: New 9XR Pro Owner

Post by MikeB »

Hopefully you have found the manuals for ersky9x, the firmware shipped with the 9XR-PRO (here: viewtopic.php?f=122&t=5575#p79483).
It will be worth updating the firmware to the latest release as there have been many improvements.
To see the version you have you need to look at the "Version" menu. Press the left navigation button for a second or so to get to the radio setup, then you should be able to find the "Version" display from there (use left/right).

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
pekwalker

Post by pekwalker »

Mike,

Thank you for the information. I will have some reading to do tomorrow at work. It appears that I have version ersky9x-r212. Where do I find what is the latest available?
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Here:

www.er9x.com

Also, just under my post there are a couple of links. One of them is a video playlist with some little tutorials for Ersky9x and eepskye.
Eepskye is an eeprom editor for Ersky9x. you can program/edit your models with it, and them save them to the radio. With Eepskye you can also flash new firmware to your radio. There a 2 or 3 videos on how to install it and use it..

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
pekwalker

Post by pekwalker »

Thank you João for that. I will definitely check those out.

Return to “Turnigy 9XR PRO radio”