12V supply to monitor and video receiver from 9XR Pro?

Hardware Support for the 9XR Pro
gyrex

12V supply to monitor and video receiver from 9XR Pro?

Post by gyrex »

Hi guys,

I've bought the monitor mount and am planning on mounting a 7' monitor & video receiver to my 9XR Pro. Both require a 12V power supply.Can someone advise if there's a neat way to tap into the LiPo battery supply?

Thanks in advance for any help :)

ShowMaster

Re: 12V supply to monitor and video receiver from 9XR Pro?

Post by ShowMaster »

The current required to power both of these external devices may be too much for pro's 12v power buss to handle. You could use the pins on the Futaba trainer connector. The retail version pro I think uses all the pins. You could free up a few to run to the 12v input trace on the pro. That or add a accessory connector dedicated to your external devices.
A 1/8in headphone connector would not be my choice since it can short out as you plug it in. Maybe a coaxial type connector used for charging?

Maybe add a pico fuse in case you short out the new connection to your lipo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
gyrex

Post by gyrex »

Thanks showmaster. Does the Futaba trainer port go through the bus? Do you know how many amps can you pull through the trainer port? I've seen other guys use this port for powering a 7' monitor and vrx gear...

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

The battery circuit includes a fuse, I'm not sure what it's rating is though. The circuit also includes a 0.1 ohm current sense resistor rated at 0.25W. This certainly limits the maximum total current to around 1.2A.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
gyrex

Re: RE: Re: 12V supply to monitor and video receiver from 9XR Pro?

Post by gyrex »

MikeB wrote:The battery circuit includes a fuse, I'm not sure what it's rating is though. The circuit also includes a 0.1 ohm current sense resistor rated at 0.25W. This certainly limits the maximum total current to around 1.2A.

Mike.
Thanks Mike! Do I need to buy a Futaba cable to tap into the power pins on the Futaba port or do you know of another method of tapping into this port to get power?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Return to “Turnigy 9XR PRO radio”