FrSky Xjt Cannot binding

Hardware Support for the 9XR Pro
Jampi

FrSky Xjt Cannot binding

Post by Jampi »

Hi!

I try use 9XR Pro with FrSky Xjt module. I cannot turn to binding mode the module.
I hold the F/S button when turn on the radio. Green LED flashing red LED on.
When release the button 1 single beep but nothing else, still in normal mode not in binding mode.
I can turn on and off the range check mode. Mode selector both off position. Battery fully charged.
I already updated the firmware but didn`t help.

Any suggestion how can I fixing this problem ?

Many thx

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: FrSky Xjt Cannot binding

Post by MikeB »

What version of the firmware did you use for the update?
ersky9x is available for the SKY board on a 9X, the 9XR-PRO and also the Taranis and Taranis Plus. I've been posting updates on this thread:viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4676#p65894. While they are called "Test Versions", they are OK to use unless I specifically mention they are for a very specific test.
I'm generally using the latest of these for my actual flying!
Originally, the 9XR-PRO was not able to use the PXX and SPort protocols needed for the XJT. After HK talked to FrSky, permission was sorted to use them. I'd recommend flashing the latest of these test versions. This will give you 'proper' control of the XJT.
You set the protocol to PXX, choose D16 (for 'X' type receivers) or D8 (for 'D' type receivers), then you can use the BIND and RANGE CHECK options from the menu, no need to use the button or switches on the module at all.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Mike, maybe it should be called "X16" and "D8" as this dictates what kind of receiver you're using? I know it's just a name thing, but less confusing?

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

FrSky use the terms D8 and D16 so I'm just being consistent with them.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Ahh ok.. their mistake then ;) :D It just generate confusion like that..

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

We also preferred X16 and had that in the first OpenTX version for Taranis... but had to change too. :(
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

But you only had to change cos taranis is a commercial product?
I think we both agree that X16 makes more sense? ;) :D
One is a "D" system and the other is a "X" system.

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

We changed because FrSky had already decided on D16 and printed their doc, manuals etc with that. So having 2 different names for the same thing would be even worse.
Jampi

Post by Jampi »

MikeB wrote:What version of the firmware did you use for the update?
ersky9x is available for the SKY board on a 9X, the 9XR-PRO and also the Taranis and Taranis Plus. I've been posting updates on this thread:viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4676#p65894. While they are called "Test Versions", they are OK to use unless I specifically mention they are for a very specific test.
I'm generally using the latest of these for my actual flying!
Originally, the 9XR-PRO was not able to use the PXX and SPort protocols needed for the XJT. After HK talked to FrSky, permission was sorted to use them. I'd recommend flashing the latest of these test versions. This will give you 'proper' control of the XJT.
You set the protocol to PXX, choose D16 (for 'X' type receivers) or D8 (for 'D' type receivers), then you can use the BIND and RANGE CHECK options from the menu, no need to use the button or switches on the module at all.

Mike.
Hi Mike

Im using V.3309-Mike firmware version. I`m cannot upgrading because my computer not communicate with the 9xr Pro. When I`m connecting via USB to my laptop the Win 7/64 recognize its a GPS Camera ( ????). Win7 using usbser.sys I think itsn`t the right driver. I installed the latest version of the USBasp but nothing changed.

Any idea?

Thx
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

You will have to start the radio in bootloader mode. Turn the radio on while pressing both horizontal trims towards the center of the radio, and then connect the USB cable to the tx and the computer. The screen will say "Connecting". Wait a few secods and 2 drives should appear on your desktop. One of them is the SD card. The other has the eeprom and the firmware. You don't want to mess with this one ;)
Please report that you can now see the drives.

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
Jampi

Post by Jampi »

João thanks your help.

Its working now.
But XJT modul still not biding. I cannot parring with the receiver ( X8R ). I think I have to send back to HK.

Jampi
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Have you got the protocol set to PXX and D16?
When you then select the BIND option in the menu do BOTH the radio and the XJT beep?
Then switch the Rx on while holding the FS button in, binding is almost immediate and the RED led on the Rx flashes quickly.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
michel49

Post by michel49 »

Maybe I'm wrong but it would be able to run the S-port linked sensors ? the datas would go to the pin 5 of XJT module ?
Jampi

Post by Jampi »

Hi Mike!

Thx your help.
Almost all problems fixed.
Turnigy 9XR Pro running with ERSky9x-r 213 Ver: V.421-mike firmware. I can use EEPSKY software now.
XJT and X8R running with 131105 version instead 130725 v. (unfortunately I downloaded a wrong version (130725), absolutely useless this version)
Now working binding mode on XJT via software. WOW

When binding process done and turn to normal mode on the X8R the green led is on. But it should be flashing, isn`t it? All control function working very well.
I try to use the Smart Port Lipo Voltage Sensor it isn’t communicating with the receiver. Plugged or not Sensor flashing very quickly.
What is your next advice?

THX
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I have to ask, as some users have confused the ports.
Have you plugged the sensor into the SPort and not the SBUS. The SPort is at the antenna end of the receiver.
SPort and SBUS are different things.

Green led on is normal. It is probably flashing, but very quickly.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
Jampi

Post by Jampi »

I plugged into the SPort.

Jampi
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I just tried mine, plugged in to the Rx, then switch the Rx on without the Tx on. Initially, the LED on the LiPo sensor flashes very fast, then, after a second or two, the flashing rate slows down a bit. I then plug a 3S LiPo into the sensor and the LED flashing rate slows even more, with the display showing the voltages.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
Wimh

Post by Wimh »

MikeB wrote:Have you got the protocol set to PXX and D16?
When you then select the BIND option in the menu do BOTH the radio and the XJT beep?
Then switch the Rx on while holding the FS button in, binding is almost immediate and the RED led on the Rx flashes quickly.

Mike.
I have problems too. PXX and D16 or D8 , when I select bind it get beeps from module and tx( haptic as well, is that ok?). Switch on receiver with fs button pressed and that's it, receiver (4 channel with telemetry capabilities) led stays red forever.Binding was ok before pxx selection (button and dipswitches) so the module seems ok...)
Wim
Belgium

Return to “Turnigy 9XR PRO radio”