Frsky XJT wont stop beeping in 9XR PRO

Hardware Support for the 9XR Pro
HenryVIII

Frsky XJT wont stop beeping in 9XR PRO

Post by HenryVIII »

Hi There
I recently upgraded to a 9XR Pro and XJT with X8R receiver.
The 9xr Pro is running the default 'out of the box' firmware(V.3309-Mike. Mod REVB-X)

I have bound the Rx and Tx without any problem, however when I power the Rx the XJT keeps beeping, and yes it is the XJT. It wont stop beeping if I remove power from the Rx, I have to power cycle the 9XR Pro before it stops.

I have no telemetry connected, I wanted to get my quad back together and working before introducing telemetry, however IU cannot stop the beeping.
I have turned off all alarms on the 9XR Pro, and tried fdd-lite (though not sure I know how to use it).

I have read so many sites, posts, and threads, but no luck, even a thread on this forum, but that didn't help.
Has anyone got any thoughts on the XJT with the 9XR Pro?
Many thanks

Chris

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Frsky XJT wont stop beeping in 9XR PRO

Post by MikeB »

Due to FrSky having patented the PXX and SPort protocols, when the 'PRO came out, as a direct competitor to the Taranis, these were not allowed, so the stock firmware does not support them.

Fortunately, HK and FrSky have sorted this out, so we may now use them. You will need to update the firmware to use it. I publish test versions of the firmware here: viewtopic.php?f=123&t=5878.

While it is a test version, this is mainly to test new features you don't need to use. I'm using this version for flying models (with XJT and X8R).
The only confusing thing you will find in this version is the "RADIO SETUP" menus are re-designed. They should be easier to use, but don't match the manual.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

The only reason I see for the module to beep is if it is faulty and the high SWR error is triggered.
The newer firmware Mike advises about would allow you to look at that SWR value to see if it is indeed the problem. If yes, either the antenna or its pigtail are badly connected, or the module is defective.
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

It may be a couple other issues, both of which I experienced with my 9XR and the XJT; both caused by the XJT being powered but not receiving a PXX signal from the TX.

1) - Pins not long enough in the JR Module Bay - Mine came with pins in the module bay that were just plain too short. It had power, but I could wiggle the module and it would power off. I replaced the pin header with a 19mm pin header and all was well, with beeping gone and no more dropout from wiggling the module.

2) - I forgot to reset the Protocol type back to PXX after making a new profile using a copy of a model that needed my "hack" DSM2 module. It didn't like my TX Protocol type set to "DSM2 - DSM2 ONLY" and yelled at me. :p

Hope that helps!

mnem
Well, DUH!

Return to “Turnigy 9XR PRO radio”