XJT module beeping when x8r connects with telemetry

Hardware Support for the 9XR Pro
dmimlitch

XJT module beeping when x8r connects with telemetry

Post by dmimlitch »

I upgraded to the test version (211) on the TX the other day trying to get some telemetry data on the TX. I have also had to get the test eepesky or else I was getting bad eeprom data error on the Tx. I do get the rssi on the telemetry screen, but as soon as the telemetry enabled RX connects, the xjt module starts beeping a single beep at a rate better than on beep per second. If i disable telemetry on the RX the module does not beep when the RX is connected. Additionally, the beeping occurs whether I have the telemetry cable connected between the TX and XJT module or not.

I don't know what the beeping means or what I have done to cause it.

thanks

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: XJT module beeping when x8r connects with telemetry

Post by MikeB »

Assuming you are in 'D' mode, this is most likely the XJT reporting the RSSI level.
Go to the TELEMETRY2 menu and look at the RSSI and TSSI alarm settings. These are actually stored in the module.
If they have a level of red, orange or yellow, and a value, then these are causing the beeping.
Either, set the alarm level to ---, or in the RADIO SETUP goto ALARMS, and on page 2 set Int Frsky Alarm to ON.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
dmimlitch

Post by dmimlitch »

MikeB

Yes, I am in D16 mode. I have tried disabling everything I can, and tried the internal Frsky alarm on and off, but it is still doing it.

Do the screen shots from eepesky work better or would you rather shots from the TX?

Am I overlooking something? the beeping is really annoying after about 10 seconds.

Thanks for any and all help you can offer.
Attachments
cyclone FrSky Tab.JPG
general edit.JPG
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

You want to put the XJT into D8 mode (left switch up). Connect the telemetry cable, then go to the TELEMETRY2, on the radio, menu as I described above.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

Return to “Turnigy 9XR PRO radio”