Compatible modules and sources for them

Hardware Support for the 9XR Pro
Irish Steve

Compatible modules and sources for them

Post by Irish Steve »

OK, this may be a strange question, but here goes.

There would appear to be a reasonable choice of modules for the Pro transmitter, but there's a distinct lack of clear documentation about what works with what, and the validity of what each option makes possible.

To put this in context, between 2 of us here, we have a number of 9X radios, a couple of Turnigy's 9X's, and a couple of (compatible) Eurgle units that have modules with the aerial built into the module rather than in to the transmitter body.

I am supposed to be modifying them to use the original Pro board and a number of other mods, but all manner of things have combined to delay that project, so in order to get things moving, I've just ordered (and received) a couple of 9XR Pro transmitters, and the LiPo's are on the way from HK UK warehouse as I type this.

So the first question, will the Eurgle modules from the 9X transmitters work OK with the Pro, as if they will , that means we can use the "standard" V2 Turnigy receivers with the Pro transmitters, which for helicopters and the like that don't need longer range, won't be an issue. I'm assuming that there are no aerial issues, as they are built into the module, and hopefully, the pins are compatible.

Then we move on to "other" modules, both those available from HK, (assuming they are in stock at the time, which is not a given), and suitable modules that are available from "other" sources, such as FRSky, among others, and that's as clear as mud right now, especially where things like Telemetry is concerned.

At present, I have a couple of set of FRSky modules here that were going to be used with the 9X upgrades, and I'm presuming that they will work with the 9XR Pro with no changes or modifications, They are the DJ Combos, which are a DJT transmitter module, with aerial, and D8RII Plus receiver, with a 2dB antenna, so I'm assuming they are plug and play with the PRO.

So, I guess what I'm looking for is an idiots guide to the available modules, and their capability, (things like telemetry, no of channels supported, and what receivers they are compatible with, along with any gotcha's to watch out for if using them in the PRo.

Does such a thing exist yet, and if it does, where can it be found.

Thanks

Steve
Irish Steve

If it was easy, shure, would't we all be doin it?

_

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Compatible modules and sources for them

Post by MikeB »

The standard Eurgle/Turnigy module should work just fine.
FrSky DJT also work fine. For the telemetry from this, you either need to modify the DJT with a couple of resistors and a Schottky diode, to use the internal connection, or you need a cable, available from HK, that connects the external telemetry connection of the DJT into the Futaba trainer port.

Other JR compatible modules should also work.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Irish Steve

Re: Compatible modules and sources for them

Post by Irish Steve »

Mike,

Thanks, that's appreciated, it means I can get started with the next phase, which is getting up to speed on all your changes, the speed of evolution takes some work to keep up with.

I'm very happy to see the Pro transmitter released, as it means that there's a suitable outlet for the excellent work that all the people here are putting together, and I'm well aware that you are very much a significant part of the action, and I appreciate the rapid response to my message,

At some stage, I'm going to have to go back to the original upgrades on the 9X's, to get the upgrade boards, sound, telemetry and rotary switches installed on them, along with all the other things that are now available, the speed of change is only mind blowing. There's been so many changes, I'm not even sure that I know which are the best mods to make now, especially in the processor areas, and the new Pro board makes that even more complicated.

I'm sure I will be back with plenty more questions before we're completely finished.

Best regards

Steve
Irish Steve

If it was easy, shure, would't we all be doin it?

_

Return to “Turnigy 9XR PRO radio”