Ardupilot telemetry via DragonLink on 9xrPo ?

Hardware Support for the 9XR Pro
jeandd

Ardupilot telemetry via DragonLink on 9xrPo ?

Post by jeandd »

Hi all,

I recently installed a dragonlink V3 (large) system on my plane and my 9xrPro and I was wondering if anyone successfully had the telemetry to display on the radio. I'm using Ersky9x, and in the telemetry pages it seems like it's compatible with ardupilot / mavlink data.

It is explained how to set it up using the xjt module (here : https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/commo ... metry.html), but there's nothing on the dragonlink system. Does it only work when the data is coming from the frsky modules ?

Apparently there are ways to have ardupilot telemetry to display on opentx radios, there is an option "Taranis Telemetry"..
In the manual it says :
'Taranis telemetry = Encodes either MavLink or non-MavLink telemetry data into an S.Port telemetry stream for use with a FrSky Taranis controller'

So it should work, right ? If so, I would be so grateful for a little clue :idea:
So far I have no data ..

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Ardupilot telemetry via DragonLink on 9xrPo ?

Post by MikeB »

What protocol are you using to send control data TO the dragonlink?

Do you know what format and baudrate the telemetry data is coming from the dragonlink?

In the TELEMETRY menu, have you tried setting the "Usr Proto" to "ArduP"?

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
jeandd

Post by jeandd »

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the quick answer !

My radio is set on External module, PPM mode, and it works perfectly well to control the plane. On that page, the telemetry option is set to Auto
My dragonlink rx is plugged in the serial 1 port on the Pixhawk, I closely followed the instructions on the dragonlink website.

here are the settings

SERIAL1_BAUD = 38
SERIAL1_PROTOCOL = 1
SR1_EXT_STAT = 1
SR1_EXTRA1 = 5
SR1_EXTRA2 = 5
SR1_EXTRA3 = 1
SR1_PARAMS = 10
SR1_POSITION = 3
SR1_RAW_CTRL = 1
SR1_RAW_SENS = 1
SR1_RC_CHAN = 1

So as you can see, the baudrate between the Pixhawk serial 1 port and the dragonlink rx is 38400. However between the dragonlink transmitter and the GCS, baudrate is set at 57600. And I get perfect and fast telemetry on Qgroundcontrol. BTW, the reason I want to have it on the radio is mostly to hear the vario sounds.

And yes, I tried setting the User Proto to arduP, but no result there ..
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I don't have or use either dragonlink or pixhawk.
Please try setting the baudrate for COM1, in the telemetry menu, to 57600. You may also try changing COM1 to inverted.
In any case, go to the DEBUG menu (in STATISTICS) and see if the number beside "TelRxCount" is changing. If it is, then this indicates something is being received.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

Return to “Turnigy 9XR PRO radio”