9Xr-Pro, FrSky (and others) gimbals, encoder, and switch JST plug type?

Hardware Support for the 9XR Pro
BiggsDarklighter

9Xr-Pro, FrSky (and others) gimbals, encoder, and switch JST plug type?

Post by BiggsDarklighter »

So I have spent 3-4 days now trying to find this information out. Not a single post or reference to this did I find. When adding switches, encoders, or changing out gimbals, what type of plugs do these radios take???

For most, yes you can just reuse the existing plugs. But I need to add an encoder to my 9XR-Pro, and there is a connector on the board, but no plug to reuse for it.

Figuring out they were JST (Japanese solderless terminal) plugs was pretty easy. But I didn't realize just how many different types of JST plugs there were!!! Narrowing it down from there, not so easy.

And it seems that most radios use the same plug type. And that it is NOT a plug used elsewhere in the hobby. In my boxes and boxes of random spare bits, I did not find a single plug the right size that wasn't attached to a switch or a radio gimbal. And of course none of those were a 4 pin plug like I needed...

So, this is probably a rhetorical question. I think I have it figured out, I will know in the next day or so. But I had enough trouble finding this information, I wanted to make sure it was about there when somebody else did a search for it.

It appears to use JST-ZH plugs with a 1.5mm spacing. I will post up a confirmations as soon as the plugs arrive.

Edit: These are not ZH plugs. As Mike says below, they are JST-PH.

Edit, PS: Confirmed, the JST-PH plugs I received fit perfectly.
Last edited by BiggsDarklighter on Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: 9Xr-Pro, FrSky (and others) gimbals, encoder, and switch JST plug type?

Post by MikeB »

According to the information I have the connector (J16) is a B4B-PH-K-S(LF)(SN), which is 2mm pitch.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
BiggsDarklighter

Re: 9Xr-Pro, FrSky (and others) gimbals, encoder, and switch JST plug type?

Post by BiggsDarklighter »

Ugh yep they don't fit. So the reference photos I was using showed very different edges on the connectors, and the only one that matched up was the PZ. Until I looked down a lot farther. Had I realized there were two, I would have measured the pins with calipers. Alright off to go order some jst-ph connectors.

Return to “Turnigy 9XR PRO radio”