Connecting BT module to XJT?

Hardware Support for the 9XR Pro
rsilk49

Connecting BT module to XJT?

Post by rsilk49 »

Is it possible to connect a HC-05 to either the 3 S.port pins or the 4 serial pins on the rear of an XJT module? I have measured the voltage on both sets of pins to be 4.8v which is ok for my BT module.
If so, is it possible to pipe the Frsky telemetry data out through that connection?
Attachments
image.jpeg
S500 + Pixhawk 1 clone + Mauch PM + C&T Telemetry adapter + 9XR-Pro (Taranis gimbals)/XJT/X8R

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Connecting BT module to XJT?

Post by MikeB »

Check if the signal pins need to be only 3.3V for the HC-05. The TxD signal on the 4-pin connector may be at RS232 voltages. The 4-pin connector is for "D" (hub) telemetry, probably only active when in "D8" mode.
The 3-pin connector is the SPort data, the signal is at 57600 baud and is INVERTED serial, the HC-05 usually wants non-inverted serial.

What radio are you using?

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
rsilk49

Post by rsilk49 »

9XR Pro :)

I am using X series receivers, so would use the S.port connector. I am making an inverter cable to plug in to the BT module which is already configured for 56k.

Is the data output through the S.port connector the raw S.port telemetry data from the receiver? Do I need to configure any radio settings to get this data sent out through this connection?

My hope is to find an android app to view telemetry data from Ardupilot, particularly the GPS lat & lon overlaid on google maps to complement the telemetry pages on the radio.
This functionality is already available using "Telemetry viewer for iNav" app.

Another benefit is that it would remove the need for 2 SiK radios which I currently use with Qgroundcontrol app on an Android phone to track the position.
S500 + Pixhawk 1 clone + Mauch PM + C&T Telemetry adapter + 9XR-Pro (Taranis gimbals)/XJT/X8R
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Yes, the raw SPort telemetry data, including the polls from the module for data to be sent to the receiver.
If you are using erskyTx firmware, then there is support for adding a HC-05 internally, there is a spare serial port for this. Options include sending the raw telemetry data to the module.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
rsilk49

Post by rsilk49 »

Up and running :)
Relaying Frsky SmartPort telemetry to my Android phone over Bluetooth.
Attachments
Screenshot_20200202_143435_crazydude.com.telemetry.jpg
IMG_20200128_195743.jpg

Return to “Turnigy 9XR PRO radio”