Banggood 4in1 module, Flysky AFHDS2A and Telemetry

Hardware Support for the 9XR Pro
phil

Re: Banggood 4in1 module, Flysky AFHDS2A and Telemetry

Post by phil »

i have one RAW- datei! How change in zip?

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Copy the file to your PC (if not already done), then right click (assuming windows) and select "sent to" and choose "compressed".

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
phil

Post by phil »

MODEL01-2020-10-13.zip
(22.79 KiB) Downloaded 376 times
Good morning Mike, I have created the folder and hope that all data has been installed correctly. greetings phil
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I've got the file, it looks OK. I'll be a day or two investigating.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I see you have the multi module sending "MULTI_STATUS" (the erskyTx version in the filename if using pre-compiled firmware).
erskyTx now supports "MULTI_TELEMETRY" as well, and this should work better.
With MULTI_STATUS, I don't recognise the extended telemetry at all (yet), I only see standard telemetry frames.
With MULTI_TELEMETRY, I will see extended telemetry frames, but not process them.
In your log file, I'm also seeing an extra byte in every other frame. I don't know if this is actually being sent by the multi module, or erskyTx is doing something wrong and adding it in.

If you could flash your multi-module with firmware compiled with "MULTI_TELEMETRY" (pre-compiled version with openTx in the filename), then repeat the raw logging operation, and post that log file, I will be able to make more progress.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer

phil

Post by phil »

many thanks Mike for the quick reply. I know that the software of the multi-module is a lot older. But I haven't changed anything because it works and I'm not that much of an expert. Pascal confused me a bit because the new software for flashing is now .bin and I then inserted a .hex file. I'll look at this again in winter. I will contact you when the multi-module is updated.
Thank you very much, stay healthy Phil
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

The raw log file does include all data from the multi module, even if I can't process it. There is nothing there from the CAT01. Either your receiver is not sending it, or the multi module is not forwarding it to the radio (possibly because the firmware is old, or it is using MULTI_STATUS.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
Drummi

Post by Drummi »

Hello all... reading and searching... trying to make it work... i cant:(

Same setup, 9xrpro ersky9x firmware, multi module irangex (one with usb port, one w/o usb) fw 1.3.1.77. TX fw ersky9x-A5r 223, mod:revB

The only time i get Tx and Rx RSSI is when i compile with MULTI_STATUS. Tried MULTI tele. and MULTI_ SYNC - doesnt work...

I have fs-6iab and 10iab. On s-bus i connect fs-cat01 (voltage sensor) and fs-cvt01 (altitude sensor). I get no readings in the 9x.. I even flashed 6iab to custom firmware (clerics)...

On the other hand ORX-R820x3 receiver works out of the box with voltage connection in the rx... Its DSMX protocol ofc...

Soo... how to get that working??

Drummi
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Does the DSMX telemetry work if you have MULTI_TELEMETRY selected in the irangex firmware?
I haven't got the AFHDS2A extended telemetry fully supported (partly as I don't have any hardware, rx/sensor, to us to test).
If the DSMX telemetry works OK with MULTI_TELEMETRY selected, please then run with the AFHDS2A telemetry and create a "RAW LOG FILE" of the telemetry data (search on this forum for "RAW LOGGING" for instruction on how to get raw logging, choose "hex" format). Then post the log file (zipped) and I'll investigate.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
michel49

Post by michel49 »

Hi Mike,

In the OpenTx thread you will find a link given by Kilrah about the issue encountered by Hpnuts following 2A sensors.

Return to “Turnigy 9XR PRO radio”